No announcement yet.

Danged Pack Rats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were at our lease 2 weekends ago and my TBH son got a big, nasty surprise. He went to fire up his old Ford Ranger 4x4 and NO go! Would turn over, but die as soon as he put it in gear.

Long story/short: They opened the hood and a PACK RAT had taken EVERY piece of a broken bag of corn out of the bed and built a HUGE nest under the hood. The air intake was FULL of corn AND the little ******* had chewed thru the AC wire, chewed one of the spark plug cables thru.....

I had one last year crawl up the exhaust pip on our Polaris Ranger...Anyone have ANYTHING that will work on these Rodent "Masters of Disasters?"

Comment

Wait till you get a call from a shop and one dies in a lexus. and has eaten his way 6k into the harness and firewall ducts.. trapped in the heater box and dies...

Tractor supply has a product called fresh cab, it has worked for us over a year...

Last edited by Jakesfish; 09-13-2017, 04:59 PM.

Comment

I think the big ones just treat the poison as a acid trip and enjoy it. I have also had them run off with the glue strips. If I had video of me pulling that big ******* by the trap as it escaped I would have lots of laughs for sure. If I would have had my pistol I would have shot the **** thing in the camper.

Comment

Spent over $800 bucks when those turds built a nest and chewed a bunch of wiring on my new 2104 F150 Super Crew while I was at the lease on a weekend.
          I was told by the Ford dealer that when wires are pulled thru the covering, that vegetable oil is used in a lot of them for lubrication and that is what the rats are after along with using the chewed wiring covers for nest building. Chewed some wires on one of my 4 wheelers also.

Comment

Looks like a baby squirrel... he said F your rat poison!!!

Comment

This is why I like snakes. Snakes don't tear stuff up and they eat rats.

Comment

Parked my 2010 Tundra overnight at my office in Austin. Rats ate through the main engine harness and other assorted wires. About $7,000 to fix but covered by insurance because anti-lock brake wiring, electronic accelerator, etc were all affected. Truck hasn't performed the same since.

Comment

Looks more like a Norwegian (Brown) Rat than a Pack (Wood) Rat to me.

Where there is one there are more, keep the trapping and baiting going.

Comment

So glad we don't have pack rats here. I have seen them do some amazing things in OK and KS

Comment

Working...
                    X