Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
    Need Houston spots please....

Had Dennie's yesterday. Yuck......
    Taste of Texas

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
      Need Houston spots please....

Had Dennie's yesterday. Yuck......
      Not sure if its been mentioned or not, but The Republic Grille in The Woodlands serves up a pretty tasty CFS

Comment

Originally posted by smithb164 View Post
        Not sure if its been mentioned or not, but The Republic Grille in The Woodlands serves up a pretty tasty CFS

Their stuffed flounder is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mary's is overrated imo but it's edible

In Ft Worth the Star Cafe is good.

Comment

Ate the one at George's in Waco today, it was very good. Wouldn't be my favorite but dang sure will have it again.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
              Their stuffed flounder is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Yes indeed!! Good eats all around

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
                Barth's in Kenedy, Tx. It is a chicken fried steak. Not pounded flat like most. Tender and great home cooking taste. I heard they changed owners and I have not been there in a few years but it used to be great.
                I have eaten there a few times for the buffet but never tried the CFS. I will make it a point to stop in soon. The two best CFS places in South Texas years ago back in the 80's were at the Ranch House in Ingleside and Freddy's in Sinton. I would think both have been closed down by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Live2Hunt View Post
                  Born and raised in Texas, so lets just say my continually expanding waist is proof I'm not afraid of throwing down CFS. As hard as it might be to believe, its Kelly's at the Village in Allen Texas.

They have an outdoor beer garden, tons of beer on tap and some of the best food around. If you are in or around Allen, Tx give it a try. The food is amazing...
                  I will have to give them a try sometime. Mary's to me rivals Long John Silvers food in greasiness in their cfs. Most places that I have had cfs their crust alone doubles the size of the cfs and is a hard crust. My dad loves Babes but I haven't had a chance to go there and try it yet myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                    Mary's is overrated imo but it's edible

In Ft Worth the Star Cafe is good.
                    This is dang good.

Comment

Originally posted by Live2Hunt View Post
                      Born and raised in Texas, so lets just say my continually expanding waist is proof I'm not afraid of throwing down CFS. As hard as it might be to believe, its Kelly's at the Village in Allen Texas.

They have an outdoor beer garden, tons of beer on tap and some of the best food around. If you are in or around Allen, Tx give it a try. The food is amazing...
                      Im have been in Kellys a lot but never tried it. I will definitely give it a try thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Lots of places can serve up a nicely breaded hunk of meat. It never fails to amaze me when they then proceed ruin it by ladling on tasteless, nasty, white glop that in no way resembles a decent gravy. It's not that hard!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveS903 View Post
                          Lots of places can serve up a nicely breaded hunk of meat. It never fails to amaze me when they then proceed ruin it by ladling on tasteless, nasty, white glop that in no way resembles a decent gravy. It's not that hard!!!
                          I agree, but it can also be over done, made too fancy. Hyde Park Bar and Grill in Austin makes a great CFS, but their gravy is made with what must be heavy cream instead of milk because it is too rich and creamy, if that is possible. I still order it and I like it, but it is a bit much.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveS903 View Post
                            I like a peppery white gravy but I always get it on the side. Don't like a mushy chicken fry.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishin_shark View Post
                              When I visit my family we go to Bud jones in San Antonio
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3053.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	24510585
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3054.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	24510586

Speaking of Bud Jones, went there today

Comment

Due to this thread I been hankering a CFS for 2 days. Well I went and got one today for dinner at the closest place to the office. Hickory Hollow off washington ave. It was large and looked great.

While full as a tick I still got a hankering

Comment

Working...
                                X