Coyote and Raccoon Getting Along?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coyote and Raccoon Getting Along?

This seems odd to me - I have 3 or 4 photos in row with this coyote (and a pup) cavorting around my feeder while raccoons pay them no mind. Shouldn't the raccoons be leery of the coyotes?
    Attached Files

There are a whole lot easier meals for a coyote. Them little bandits don't give up easy.

Comment

coyote just after corn and not wanting anything to do with those coons is my bet

Comment

A coon is easy to catch, but hard to turn loose of. I imagine coyotes know that. I've seen some full grown hounds have a hard time turning a coon loose !

Comment

I would think while they might kill the coon, they would likely pay dearly for the victory. Unless they are very hungry and there are no alternatives coyotes would rather kill things that can't fight back. Self-preservation is job #1.

Comment

Watched a coyote picking up corn recently
            Those things are survivors.
            Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I've saw a racoon give two full sized song dogs all they could handle and then some. Those coons aren't worried......

Comment

I have game cam pictures of that as well. Three yotes eating corn at the feeder while two 30# coons were under it. Coons didn't even look up.

Comment

Working...
                X