Danged Pack Rats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danged Pack Rats

A couple of months ago my windshield washer fluid quit working on my F-150 as I was driving through love bugs in SE Texas. When I got home I found where the hose had broken. No big deal and a quick repair. A week later the same thing.

I started looking around under the hood and found where a rat had been chewing on the firewall insulation.

The war was on. I placed rat poison pellets and sticky pads all around my carport and shed. Within two days all the pads were gone as well as the poison blocks.

I finally caught the little rat bastage in a live trap back in June.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PackRat_640x480.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	25126478

Fast forward to yesterday. I was changing the air filter in my truck when I saw this.

Name:	RatAirFilter640x480.jpg
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	25126479

He must have thrived on those poison pellets and dog food.

Name:	RatAirFilter2_640x480.jpg
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	25126480

I guess I should be thankful he didn't chew through the wiring harness.

they really are amazing little bastarges....

Comment

Amazing the amount of destruction that comes in that small package.

Comment

We had one that decided to chew off every male plug from every electric appliance in my trailer....close to the plug so you couldn't splice it Back on.

Comment

I had one steal my buddy's fishing rods, he put them in the garage, gone next day, months after I was moving a suburban seat and there they were minus the handles

Comment

Sucks I had my wiring harness chewed in my Ranger.

Comment

I was at the lease a couple weeks back and the little bastargs got my truck in one night.
              Total cost 750 bucks in fixing all the wires.

Comment

Yea they got my vacuum lines and a plug wire on my truck. They also ate a bunch of cactus at the farm!

Comment

Had my 4 wheeler wiring chewed up by them last year. Used the same type of poison as in your pics which seem to be useless.
                  I ordered a bucket of tomcat pellets (like the old dcon pellets) and had dead rats all over the storage building the next visit.

Comment

Froggy, where was the gang when you were being invaded ? I'd fire every danm one of 'em !

Comment

Kill them all!!! TomCat liquid is the best stuff around, thank me later!!

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

OR
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

dang rodents!

Comment

Rats chewed clear through the big, fat, main wiring harness in my Bronco. After that they chewed selected imporatant wires in my starting system, ignition system, and charging system.

I hate rats and mice!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                            Froggy, where was the gang when you were being invaded ? I'd fire every danm one of 'em !
                            The "Gang's" maximum security prison is located in another area of my property. It's now electrified.

As I walk around with my pooper scooper everyday, I do threaten them. I tell them corks are cheap.

Comment

5 gallon bucket half full of water.Dump a scoop of oats in it.Lean a 2x4 up against it..You'll run outta places to dump dead rats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X