No announcement yet.

Smelly Shirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a couple of shirts like that. Had to toss them.

Comment

Time to chunk em.

Comment

yes... it's certain types of synthetic fabrics.
        try Sport Wash that you can buy at the bike shop. If that doesn't get it, buy another one, it's not like UA is hard to find.

Comment

I have transitioned to merino shirts. They are great. Still trying to find a real durable one though.

Comment

Try throwing shirt in the freezer, heard of people doing this with blue jeans.

Comment

I have a few like this. My wife thinks its because that type fabric is made to move moisture away, so it doesn't absorb water in the washing machine enough to properly clean them. I'm a smart man, so I don't argue with her.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie182 View Post
                I have a few like this. My wife thinks its because that type fabric is made to move moisture away, so it doesn't absorb water in the washing machine enough to properly clean them. I'm a smart man, so I don't argue with her.

Comment

Google "under armour smells after wash"
                  Here's a couple of the results
                  - http://upandhumming.com/2014/03/i-us...king-clothing/
                  - https://blog.underarmour.com/how-to-...-workout-gear/

Comment

I agree with the vinegar suggestions. I've tried it and it works.

Comment

Borax and baking soda

Comment

With us being a family of runners and 2 boys in cross country my wife tried everything to kill musty odors.

Dead Down Wind detergent is what she swears by

Comment

I have a couple under armor heat shirts I had bought on mega clearance at Bass Pro a few years back, never had problems with them smelling. I typically won't buy under armor stuff because it is mainly polyester... but with the exception of a few items here or there, I wouldn't say their polyester stinks more than any other polyester.

Polyester in general is the worst when it comes to retaining smell.

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                          There are about 3 that smell like a 7-11 inside loop 610 once an ounce of sweat hits them.
                          I can actually smell that description... that is bad. I don't think I could deal with it.

Comment

if u spend the cash on workout shirts with silver woven in to the fabric they will last for years and years without smelling

Comment

Tide athletic laundry soap always works for me. However, I have never had one get that bad that it was baked in. You may have to throw it out.

Comment

Hit it with some Scent-away. Spray down, air out. Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                                X