• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some minnow pattern

Comment

Heres my minnow patterns

Comment

Can get them to load but looked at your spider pattern those spiders dont live on the water, the abdomen needs to look slender and longer.

Comment

Ok finally here are some patterns i use
          Last edited by BowBuddy; 07-23-2014, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Here are some more i use

Comment

Here is an assortment of flies i would take to fish the Guadalupe above canyon lake but if i fished the Blanco river near wimberly i would take more brown colors.

Comment

Those look great. Picking colors for me is like tuning arrows.....I just keep trying different things until something works.

Comment

Typically green water you want to use shades of green, but i would bring a few other colors as well, but clear water with brown rock use shades of brown.

Comment

Mark and I had another great meetup fishing a new to us Woodlands Pond. We fished the pond off Timberloch, just south of the Vintage area. Mark got off to a slow start, and I held pretty steady catching a total of 3 gills about 45 minutes apart as we were working around the pond. Mark however got some outside help from two brothers who had come by to fly fish as well. Towards the end, he caught like 3 fish in 10 minutes or something crazy like that.

The highlight for me was after trying the green hopper initially, I decided to switch to a black hopper dropper combo. I hadn't done the hopper/dropper so it was new territory. I tied on a bead head nymph that I came up with the night before. Just a #12 beadhead with a peacock herl body, some palmered hackle up front that was tied back and wrapped with pink thread. Well it worked very well. When I tossed it into the water and stripped some line off the reel to start my first cast with it, I was met with a surprise. I went to back cast and thought I had snagged some weed... instead, I had snagged this guy! Needless to say, that pattern worked.... assuming I could figure out the presentation right.

Last edited by SwampRabbit; 07-22-2014, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

This I believe is a green sunfish

Comment

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/23/7y6ady4u.jpg[/IMG/

Working on a stealth rig.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post

This I believe is a green sunfish
                              I beleive you are correct

Searched and found this during lunch: http://extremephillyfishing.blogspot...guide-for.html Still think I need a cheat sheet card or something

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
                              [IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/23/7y6ady4u.jpg[/IMG/

Working on a stealth rig.
                              That is going to be cool.

Comment

Product Review.

I recieved a Swamps Ultimate Hopper last night and decided to give it a try the last 30 minutes of daylight today.

First, the price was right, as Scott gave me a couple. He is a very nice guy.

Second, I would rate the appearance of this grasshopper as a nine out of ten. It looks great.

Thirdly, it fishes well, it is easy for a horrible caster to use, and it floats and moves well on the water.

If I have feedback for improvement, it would be this, the small hook is located near the middle of the body, and I had about 10 sunfish strikes that took the fly by the foam abdomen without getting the hook. A couple of times they had it under the water and moving away and I still couldn't get a hook up. Perhaps a little longer, shank or perhaps a little bit less foam....I don't know, I don't tie flies and can barely get them to the water.

That being said, I caught a REAL fish. I had a very nice bass just gobble the thing all the way down. He put up a pretty good fight and I really enjoyed it.

My best so far. Thanks Scott, couldn't have done it with out you.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X