Fuel flow for Yamaha 4 stroke . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel flow for Yamaha 4 stroke . .

I have a 115 hp with fuel injection that recently started cutting out shortly after accelerating from initial startup . . It will eventually level out after cutting out a few times . . I have replaced the fuel filter, water/fuel separator, and the bulb . . The bulb never seems to get tight . .? ? ?

VST is dirty

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
      VST is dirty
      What is a VST? . . And where is it located? . .

Comment

Mine did same thing and fuel Injector's were dirty. Was able to clean some, changed others that wouldn't come completely clean. Not sure on yours as I'm no mechanic but pretty much same issue mine was having

Comment

Sea foam

Comment

No help here.

Comment

Check in your fuel tank, possible strainer issue on the fuel pickup.

Comment

Another VST vote. I have a previously owned Yamaha 200 HPDI 2 stroke that I just fought this battle with. 267 hours. Cutting out when trying to accelerate, it also happened when I hit some chop and stirred it up a bit. Replaced the racor filter, on board filter, and ran clean fuel from an external gas tank. No help. Nolan's Marine in Port A cleaned the junk out of the VST filter and tank and now it's running like a top.

Comment

Fuel line crack may be sucking air. That would explain the bulb not getting tight.

Comment

Check prop hub too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                      What is a VST? . . And where is it located? . .
                      I run 115’s on my crab boats, the vst is short for vapor separator tank
                      It’s located behind the intake manifold
                      You’ll need a 10 mm
                      12 mm
                      14 mm
                      Could be other issues though
                      You can call me later to discuss, I can explain everything that could be wrong

979-479-2141

Comment

I agree with the svt but check your low pressure fuel pump/pumps too. Loosen the mounting screws and squeeze the bulb up to pressure. If they leak out the back they are bad.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Also check your fuel lines, ethanol will eat up the older ones

Comment

have someone pump the bulb while it is cutting out to see if it helps the issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X