Wrist or Thumb release?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
    Shot a wrist release for 30 some years. Got a hair to try a thumb release and it was the best thing I’ve done archery wise, ever.
    Same here. I went with a Carter Chocolate Lite 4 finger thumb release and my groups shrank immediately. It also seem to make pulling the string back much easier.

Comment

When you switch to a thumb release do you have to resight in your pins?

Comment

Wrist or Thumb release?

I switched to Synapse this year. Completely different and a bit of a learning curve. I think I’ll need to adjust my pins. I haven’t shot in several months but just shot several with my Synapse. There are some pros and cons I’ve noticed.

Pros: Natural feeling, better grouping, lighter tension,

Cons: No wrist strap. I’m afraid I’ll lose it or drop it in the stand. Not sure how my gloves will affect squeezing the thumb trigger. I’ll keep my wrist strap handy in my hunting bag just for a safe back up.

Note & edit: I noticed my anchor point did change. Not sure why my pins are off but I’ll work on it. It may not even be release related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by NannySlayer; 09-08-2019, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Was Wrist for 25+ years and then tried Thumb a few years back and love it. Tightened groups and just feels comfortable.

Comment

I started with wrist.
            Tried a thumb and a back tension @ the bow shop for a few shots. I was afraid of loosing and it felt different, as it should. So I stuck with my wrist.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

I use a thumb. Stan SX is what it is.

Comment

I have a wrist mounted thumb release, seriously!
                It's a TrueBall Thumb-release with a wrist strap. Trueball makes the wrist strap.

I switch back and forth during practice with the T-relase and a trigger release. Makes me focus more on the mechanics and shot placement. Dose me anyways.

Comment

Carter thumb release for the last 14 years.

Comment

Switched to a thumb a couple of years ago. Feels like I shoot it better, and I love being able to clip it on the D loop in the tree stand and dont have to worry about having a wrist strap on and banging around as I adjust my camera or grab binos etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      It's a TrueBall Thumb-release with a wrist strap. Trueball makes the wrist strap.

I switch back and forth during practice with the T-relase and a trigger release. Makes me focus more on the mechanics and shot placement. Dose me anyways.

Wonder if TruFire makes a wrist strap. I need to look into that.

Comment

Wrist here. Tried thumbs but just couldn't get used to them and kept going back to the wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by texaswoods5 View Post
                          When you switch to a thumb release do you have to resight in your pins?

Yes,and there is a decent chance that you will want to retune your bow as well. It will almost certainly change your anchor

Comment

Game changer for my synapse

Comment

Been using Scott wrist releases for the last 15 years but wouldn't mind trying a thumb release to see if I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

This. The best of both worlds!

Comment

Working...
                                X