No announcement yet.

DIY Faux Wood Beams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That shaped edge makes for a very professional looking finished project!! Bang up job!!

Comment

Well I started making the beams for the MB the Mrs wanted. Started out by planing some 2x12 and 2x8's down to 1" and then cutting the miterlock into the planks.

I distressed the wood using various tools. This was very labor intensive by the way but once I started I had to do them all the same way. Lots of wood chips flying.

After staining with Minwax Special Walnut. I hope she likes them. Now I need to figure how I am going to install them in the tray ceiling.

Comment

Wow. Great thread guys.

Comment

Really nice looking !

Comment

WOW. That is awesome work.

I love my wife, but she is very hands off. It works for us though because I’m a control freak.

Comment

The ceiling is 11ft in the master bedroom. With a little ingenuity I managed to get those beams installed yesterday.

I normally don’t impress myself but I think they
              Look really nice, the pics don’t do them justice.

Last edited by sendit; 07-29-2019, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Wow! Beautiful work!!

Comment

Honestly, I don’t know which I like more....the beams or the rig you built to hold them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                    Honestly, I don’t know which I like more....the beams or the rig you built to hold them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Thanks again Bob. I have used that little lift for all kinds of projects. Here it is in use when I was fabricating the beams for the second floor.

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Awesome work!

I wish you would have made a beam distressing video. You did a heck of a job.

What did you use for your nickel gap walls and ceilings?

I just did an accent wall in a spec house and 1x8x16' nickel gap MDF was $20 per board. The pine was $30 per board.

Comment

Working...
                        X