No announcement yet.

Am I wrong about this situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just something to consider, ENTs are normally slammed non stop (year round) so if this slot is available and the surgery is needed. Might want to jump on it now.

Comment

Her choice. If she is comfortable with her decision, then roll with it & support her. May want to suggest a 2nd opinion, but if she is set in doing it then back her up.

Comment

Seems like a pretty impulsive reaction/move to do it so soon just because he's available.

I wouldn't have scheduled a procedure on the spot for two days out without checking our schedules and whatnot.

I would try to convince her to push it back a week or two so that you both have time to prepare to get the ducks in a row. Otherwise, support her but let her know you're no help until you get home Wednesday.

And to be clear...I have no problem with her wanting it done/doing it. Getty up and go as far as that goes. I would have issues with it being dropped on my plate like that and the time frame in which it was done.
        Last edited by Mud Shark; 01-20-2020, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
          Wisdom teeth removal was about 1,000x easier than tonsils for me.

Great! I’m not getting into a ******* contest with you over it. All I’m saying is mine were impacted, had to be cut out of the bone and I had to be completely put under. The recovery was awful. I was spitting blood for 24 hours and I couldn’t eat solid for for almost a week. I have a family member who have had tonsils out as an adult and I still fail to see how having tonsils cut out, wisdom teeth removed, etc affect day to day activities that HAVE to be done, like taking care of kids, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
            She needs them out if "She has had frequent strep, snoring issues, etc"..

It is not unusual to have a "quick" schedule surgery if that is when Dr. is avaialable….at least it is not hunting season. She should be back to serving you after the weekend

You get to be the caregiver for a bit but in the long run, it will so much better for her. Strep is not fun and takes a time to recover...imagine that issue being gone from her life.
            I'll agree with this...and avoid arguing about anything else with the other comments I don't have to live with any of you, so I won't waste time arguing witchy'all

Comment

You’re the one that decided to get married . Embrace the BS

Comment

It is never going to be convenient.

Comment

Never mind, not worth it.

OP, I wouldn’t take issue with the short notice, but could definitely see some benefit in scheduling it at a time more convenient where maybe you could have a M-I-L or someone around to help with the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                    Spoken like someone who hasn’t had their tonsils removed as an adult. I did and it was a horrible recovery. Would I do it again if given the chance? Absolutely, but I wouldn’t expect her to be taking care of the kids “after a day”
                    This^^^
                    Not an easy recovery for sure, but most likely needed to solve those issues you stated. She should probably have the soft palate trimmed also at same time if she is having breathing/snoring issues. Otherwise, after going thru this, she will not let anybody else back in there again. Its that bad!

Comment

Yes, you are wrong about the situation.

Comment

Man that's tough. I've had both my tonsils taken out and wisdom teeth cut out as an adult and you cant compare the recoveries. Tonsils are no joke. I would plan on a week minimum until things are back to normal. If you have kids that young you will need to take off work for at least a few days or have a grandparent come in town. I was back to normal after wisdom teeth by that evening, tonsils was close to a week. First couple of days are BRUTAL. If this was me or my wife i would want this planned and scheduled way ahead of time.

Comment

What kind of ice cream does she like

Comment

I don’t see the issue but have never been through it. With that said, the ones that have are probably giving better responses to your question

Comment

Wife had hers removed at age 35.....best thing she ever did for sore throats and infections......she was down a few days but was able to get back to normal fairly quickly.

Comment

If it were my wife I would expect that she had already made arrangements for someone to keep the kiddo.

Comment

Working...
                                X