Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its hard to beat a good summit!

Comment

Personally, I have never been a fan of the small seated ladder stands because they don't allow one to swivel for certain shots without too much movement. The same for most of the small seated hang-on stands which scare the bejeezus out of me. I prefer the "Gametamer" type hang on with the swivel seat and larger platform.

Having said that, I do have two LARGE, heavy homemade ladder stands with swivel seats that I bought off TBH. One is in use and one is at my house. They are comfortable and safe, but not portable without a couple of helpers or a tractor.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        Ladders are soooo much easier.
        Agree, and safer. I prefer pop ups but if i have to get in a tree it's gonna be on a ladder stand. I hate the transition from climbing sticks to the stand and don't like looking down and seeing nothing for 20ft under my feet

Comment

I prefer my ladders and tripods now, don't like getting high in the tree anymore as I've gotten older.

Comment

I like 15’ tripods backed into brush and trees myself

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
              No it's a fact.
              I had a doe that I saw way before she came to the feeder.
              I had not move a muscle as she approached the feeder. She was walking straight to me and had to turn to go to the feeder putting her broadside to me.
              Where she got to the feeder she stop and picked her head up and looked up and all around, she saw me but wasn't sure what I was, thanks to the leafy suit.
              The wind was in my face and this was the first time I had hunted this set.
              No way she knew I was there but she looked up and checked the trees.
              She should looked harder though.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
              Both of the bucks I was talking about were east Texas bucks. If they'll see you at 12' they'll likely see you at 20'. To say deer in one part of the state aren't killable at a certain height is laughable. And again, as you get higher, you just make close shots harder.

Comment

Who taught the east Texas deer to look up? LOL!

Comment

I'm more or less worried about being seen since the tree is pretty bare until you get about 30ft up. That is definitely too high for me.
                  I'm not so much worried about the whitetail, but the axis seem to be able to see everything!

Comment

I like ladder stands, but your description sounds like a good lock on would be better.

Comment

Just get a woodsy two quad pod and enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        Who taught the east Texas deer to look up? LOL!
                        We did by hunting them out of trees.

Comment

Originally posted by SunsUpGunsUp View Post
                          Both of the bucks I was talking about were east Texas bucks. If they'll see you at 12' they'll likely see you at 20'. To say deer in one part of the state aren't killable at a certain height is laughable. And again, as you get higher, you just make close shots harder.
                          Sometimes yes.
                          But the higher you are the more you can get away with and your scent travels further before it gets to their nose.

Comment

All I can say is get cha some of these East Texas deer. Sounds like you will be hungry

Comment

Lock on for me. I can't ever seem to get a ladder stand positioned to where it is comfortable enough to sit in for hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X