Barrel conversion???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barrel conversion???

I have a 243. If I wanted to convert it to a 260, 6.5cm, or 7-08 is it as simple as a new barrel?

Any recommendations and likely cost?

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
    I have a 243. If I wanted to convert it to a 260, 6.5cm, or 7-08 is it as simple as a new barrel?

What action is it? If it’s a savage it’s very easy you can pm me if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
      What action is it? If it’s a savage it’s very easy you can pm me if you want.

It's a CZ 557

Comment

I have no idea on a cz to be honest

Comment

^^^ i've got no issues taking it to a gunsmith. Just no experience rebarreling a gun so I don't even know where to start.

Comment

As long as the cartridge you are wanting to swap to has the same bolt face and is not longer than the action will handle, it shouldn't be a big deal

Comment

If it's just a simple rebarrel with no action work it should be around $750 + or - depending on the barrel and labor rate of the smith. It will have to be cut, chambered and threaded then installed on your action.

You may want to call around as the CZ may have metric threads which will limit you as not all smiths deal with them.

The choices are huge with a cheap barrel only being about $100 or so cheaper than a premium unless you're looking for a carbon wrapped then it gets expensive quick. Fluting, cerekote and muzzle threading will add to the above price.

Comment

Being a cz just buy a new gun

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                  Being a cz just buy a new gun

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                  If it turns out to be $700 then I will. I was thinking under $400 and I really like the stock and action that I have.

Comment

If it turns out to be $700 then I will. I was thinking under $400 and I really like the stock and action that I have.
                    A quality barrel will be $300+. To thread and chamber will run you $200 or more.

Comment

What twist is your barrel ... 1:8” 1:10” ?

Have you handloaded for optimum accuracy ?

CZ makes a very accurate rifle , only problem there are very few aftermarket accessories ... triggers & stocks.

PacNor will install a new s.s. select match grade barrel, fit, chamber, crown, and true your action for $625

If your CZ is a 1:8” twist, I’d reload the 105 gr bullets and see what happens

Comment

The short answer to your question is yes.

Premium barrel plus thread and chamber will run you $600+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                          What twist is your barrel ... 1:8” 1:10” ?

Have you handloaded for optimum accuracy ?

CZ makes a very accurate rifle , only problem there are very few aftermarket accessories ... triggers & stocks.

PacNor will install a new s.s. select match grade barrel, fit, chamber, crown, and true your action for $625

If your CZ is a 1:8” twist, I’d reload the 105 gr bullets and see what happens
                          It's a 1:10. Thanks for the heads up...i spent some time on pac-nor's website today

Comment

It's a 1:10. Thanks for the heads up...i spent some time on pac-nor's website today
                            Chris is very good people as he will take care of you.

Their 3 groove barrels are easy to clean and very accurate

Been a fan of PN for 25 yrs

Comment

Working...
                            X