2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
    There are some great off the shelf rods that are basically custom, unless you want specific color wraps. Check out the higher end Waterloo and Laguna rods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Laguna Rods is close by. I’ll have to stop by and check them out

Comment

I can't wait till Jon-Paul can show us a new photo of his boat in the darn water. Been waiting awhile now.....hell, I've had my boat tuned twice since that pic was snapped

Get cracking before it gets too **** hot JP - SON!

Comment

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
        I can't wait till Jon-Paul can show us a new photo of his boat in the darn water. Been waiting awhile now.....hell, I've had my boat tuned twice since that pic was snapped [emoji4]

Get cracking before it gets too **** hot JP - SON!

You ain’t the only one waiting...trust me on that. There are a couple on here that knows. According to Merc. Motor is suppose to ship Apr 11. Hopefully it won’t be long after that. I have a redfish tourney in Hopedale the week of the 20th, I sure would like to break her in at Delacroix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Our trip Saturday was pretty much a dud, as I expected. Caught one trout on a top water, the guide caught a couple on plastics, no trout caught on shrimp. We were off the water by 9:30. The other guys in the boat called it because they were cold.
          Ready for some warm weather and ready to get on the water again.

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
            Our trip Saturday was pretty much a dud, as I expected. Caught one trout on a top water, the guide caught a couple on plastics, no trout caught on shrimp. We were off the water by 9:30. The other guys in the boat called it because they were cold.
            Ready for some warm weather and ready to get on the water again.

The bite didn't kick off until about an hour or so after the front hit. The fish turned on pretty good but my guys got too cold too and we had to go in. It was blowing real hard but the fish were eating.

Comment

Gonna try and wet a line when I get off in the morning. Hope the wind isn't blowing as hard as it is right now.

Good luck to anyone else going.

Comment

Anyone been down around Bolivar lately? Heard the water still looks terrible. I'll probably head down there and try it this weekend if the weather allows it.

Comment

Went this morning after work. Got in the water at 8:05 and out at 9:30.

Tide was about 1 1/2' lower than last week. Sandy green mostly on the sandy side. Sand bottom with rocks mixed in. Fished in middle water column.

Caught 13 trout. Kept 3 around 17". Lost 1 in my hands that was about 18". Missed 4. The ones released were 13-15".

Pic won't load from phone. Going again in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                    You ain’t the only one waiting...trust me on that. There are a couple on here that knows. According to Merc. Motor is suppose to ship Apr 11. Hopefully it won’t be long after that. I have a redfish tourney in Hopedale the week of the 20th, I sure would like to break her in at Delacroix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was that your boat that Eric posted the video of on Facebook yesterday?

In the closing process for a house in Aransas Pass. If you are ever looking to fish some new water, hit me up. I’d love to get together.

Comment

Wife and I made a quick trip Tuesday after noon-Wednesday after noon fished hard Tuesday and managed just a few Black drum and 2 reds one 29” that the wife released. Wednesday we managed 7 keeper trout and 2 more reds.

Most fish were caught on live shrimp I couldn’t get a bite on artificial hardly at all.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0172.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	24535886Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0166.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	24535887

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                        Was that your boat that Eric posted the video of on Facebook yesterday?

In the closing process for a house in Aransas Pass. If you are ever looking to fish some new water, hit me up. I’d love to get together.
                        I wished. Just like mine except color, my midtower is 4' taller and I think I have bigger tanks than this one. My total fuel will be 120 gal.

Comment

Have any of yall owned or currently own a Flats Cat? My buddy is offering to sell me his for a dang good deal. 2001 21' with a 140 Zuke on the back (under 400 hours).

Thoughts on this hull?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                            I wished. Just like mine except color, my midtower is 4' taller and I think I have bigger tanks than this one. My total fuel will be 120 gal.
                            Tournament in Matagorda....fishing in Baffin

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                              Have any of yall owned or currently own a Flats Cat? My buddy is offering to sell me his for a dang good deal. 2001 21' with a 140 Zuke on the back (under 400 hours).

Thoughts on this hull?
                              Good boat but slightly underpowered imho. Rather have a 150-175.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                                Good boat but slightly underpowered imho. Rather have a 150-175.

Agree but that Dude at Flats Cat is always pushing smaller engines for weight savings.

Comment

Working...
                                X