This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skullworks52 View Post
    How long did you wait for the glue to dry before you shoot it?
    Guess that would depend on the glue. I waited till I got done with a dozen arrows.

Ragin' gave me an excellent tip. Put a dot of glue on the front and back of each fletching.

Comment

here here

Comment

I wait until the next day. Probably overkill but it hasn't failed me yet. Like TallTexan said also a dot of glue on the front and back of each fletching is a good idea.

Comment

Now I want to go start refletching my own arrows. Great piece!!!

Comment

Now I want to go start re-fletching my own arrows. Great piece!!!

Comment

awesome walk thru! thanks very much I've been having trouble simply because I tried to just do it thinking that it couldn't be hard, which its not, but ignorance is a bad thing lol thanks again

Posted from Texasbowhunter.com App for Android

Comment

Same process I use but I'm having a hard time getting my fletches to stay on my A/C/C's. Some of them glue on real tight and some come off after a few shots. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Comment

I had the same thing on a few on the first try. I made sure I cleaned them really well after that and rinsed them with warm soapy water after that. I also went and bought some new glue and I haven't had any issues since then. Good luck.

Comment

Great write up, I'm a newbie so this is just the kind of thing I needed to know to start shooting and repairing my own arrows.

Comment

great job

Comment

You ever use the quick fletch? kinda skeptical about using them..Anyone care to share experiences?

Comment

hey thanks this will help alot

Comment

nice

Comment

Thank you! Best instruction I've seen on the subject.

Comment

arrow fletching on budget

I have a question for any one about arrow fletching

Arrow fletching is a time consuming process to do correctly and flecthing at a pro shop is costly. What do think about NAP quik fletch system? I'm short on time and money and these wont be for my quality arrows they are for my crossbow bolts, I got them at a yard sale and they need to be reflecthed.

Comment

Working...
                                X