Republican Congress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Republican Congress

Never before in the history of man has such an inept, disorganized, dysfunctional group of people ever assembled within our government or anywhere else for that matter. If the US Congress was a company in the private sector not one of those useless morons would have not been fired several times over by now. Their lack of ability to do the simplest things promised to the American people is indicative of either one of two things. They either want to do the things they promised and are too stupid to be able to do so or they are so corrupt they do not wish to do the things they promised as their lobbyists are paying them to go another direction.

I was pretty positive about a non politician going to Washington to clean things up but I am now sure that no matter how hard Trump tries to do anything the congress will make sure it does not happen voluntarily or involuntarily. I bet he wont get 20 percent of his agenda done through this congress. Im at the point of going to my congressman's next town hall and publically letting him know what a blither idiot he and his compadres are.

It is really disappointing to learn how many Republicans won't vote to uproot ObamaCare. (at least 20 from what I have read) They all said they were in favor of a bill repealing it when they knew that Obama would veto it anyway. The truth is, many are up for re election and live in districts where a large chunk of their constituents love their ObamaCare. It should not be surprising that they put getting re elected above principal or previous promises. That's what politicians do

Comment

Just a bunch of RINOS!!!! They are all cut from the same cloth!!

Comment

Yep. Like I always say, the GOP primaries are where we have to win the battles. Simply sending somebody with an (R) after his/her name to Washington doesn't mean jack. We need actual principled Constitutional conservatives, NOT Republicans.

Comment

It's not just the republicans, it's all of the congress and senate. They are bringing this great country down.

Comment

It is depressing seeing a bunch of spineless, unprincipled, pansies in DC doing our "bidding". I see it getting a a whole lot worse before the people demand term limits for our reps.

Comment

We can all blame the people to the left and right of us (not politically speaking). It is clear, most people cannot be bothered to unseat these losers. If they knew 1/100th of the garbage they do, these same people would be outraged. But alas, this is not the case. They can't be bothered to do the research for fear they will miss something stupid that one of the Kardashians says next. These politicians are taking what we give them. We give them free reign to trample us flat and most people couldn't care less. That is, until something inconvenient knocks on their door. Then, and only then will these part-time citizens snap to. Most won't even care then. I don't get it and never will.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                Yep. Like I always say, the GOP primaries are where we have to win the battles. Simply sending somebody with an (R) after his/her name to Washington doesn't mean jack. We need actual principled Constitutional conservatives, NOT Republicans.
                Indeed. I've voted against get along Cornyn and will again. My congressman is term limiting himself after this term. Wish he would sponsor a bill for term limits. I don't see that ever happening without a convention of states.

I'm not sure what Trump will succeed in getting done with this congress but I know how the SCOTUS leans at least. Hopefully he will get the chance to make it lean a bit further right.

Comment

I think a convention of the states is the only possible fix for the mess and corruption in government. Even that won't end corruption, but we could at least get some limits on government power that way. It won't happen any other way.

Comment

I think a convention of the states is the only possible fix for the mess and corruption in government. Even that won't end corruption, but we could at least get some limits on government power that way. It won't happen any other way.
                    Shane, I'v'e heard mention of this in the past. Can you explain how this happens. Is it likely to ever happen or not? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                      Shane, I'v'e heard mention of this in the past. Can you explain how this happens. Is it likely to ever happen or not? Thanks
                      It's in the works right now. https://www.conventionofstates.com/

Everyone of us should be following the progress and getting involved where we can. Here's the page for Texas: https://www.cosaction.com/texas

Here's the best place to start to learn about the whole thing: https://www.conventionofstates.com/learn

Comment

It's in the works right now. https://www.conventionofstates.com/

Everyone of us should be following the progress and getting involved where we can. Here's the page for Texas: https://www.cosaction.com/texas

Here's the best place to start to learn about the whole thing: https://www.conventionofstates.com/learn
                        Thanks for the info!! I signed and called my rep!

Comment

^^

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                            This book is a good start: "The Liberty Amendments" ---Mark Levin

Article V sets forth the two processes for amending the Constitution,
                            the second of which I have emphasized in italics:
                            The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall
                            deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution,
                            or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two
                            thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing
                            Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents
                            and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the
                            Legislatures of three fourths of the several States or by Conventions
                            in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of
                            Ratification may be proposed by the Congress . . .
                            Here's the 1st chapter.

Comment

They should all serve one term and be done. I rarely vote for an incumbent at any level, regardless of party affiliation. They're giving us a raw deal, and it's been easy to see. In my mind the Rs are the same as the Ds. The power gets to their heads and they turn into blind, lying, power hungry career politicians.

Comment

Working...
                              X