How do YOU hunt a pop up blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do YOU hunt a pop up blind?

There are many different ways to adjust the windows/mesh in today's pop-ups. I am interested to hear how everyone chooses to hunt them.

Do you:

1. Leave the shoot through mesh secured tight and just shoot through it,

2. Open a corner or section of the mesh to allow a small shooting hole,

3. Cut a shooting hole into the mesh and shoot through that, or

4. Remove the mesh all the way and go wide open?

1. for me. Many people prefer not shooting through the mesh but I have never had a single issue with either mechanical or fixed broadheads. My deer are way less spooky when leaving it in.

Comment

#4 on the main shooting lane and #2 on the sides if partial shooting lane is available.

Comment

#4 for me out the window facing the feeder.

Comment

Closed with bow ( except antelope and turkey ) and open with gun.

Comment

I like to pull the mesh out and just open the window part way. Give myself just enough clearance to get my sight picture and let the arrow clear the window flap.
            I usually close all but 1 or 2 windows to make it as dark as I can.

Comment

#3 for me. Looking through mesh messes up my depth peception. My eyes are not the greatest in low light to start with and all mesh reduces my shooting time by 15 minutes
              Last edited by jerp; 11-06-2015, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                #4 on the main shooting lane and #2 on the sides if partial shooting lane is available.
                X2

Comment

#4 on main shooting lane, and #1 on side windows bordering it. I keep all others buttoned, and I wear black clothing so I blend in. I also keep the primary window open all the time so that the deer get used to the black hole.

Comment

Use one window and pull the mesh out.

Comment

Mine has three magnets, I normally just drop the top one and shoot through that maybe 10 inch triangle.

Comment

Tried both mesh and open this year. Open didn't work ... 15 yards had a doe spook with just a little bit of movement. Shooting through the mesh I've gotten my target buck, a turkey and a fox so far.

Comment

#4 for me. Low light makes it harder to see thru and reduces my effective shooting time. Leave it open year round if possible to help with game getting comfortable with the black hole it creates.

Comment

Through a partially open window... I'm tall and have a 30" draw. Shooting through the little mesh holes on my pop up is near impossible without contorting something.

Comment

Leave it wide open but I cover with brush and leave about a 1' hole

Comment

Working...
                              X