• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great story with a great ending.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by bdog14 View Post
        Nice story. I thought you couldn't bait on Federal lands?
        I guess you didn't read all of it. SMH

Comment

A few of Garguy's East Texas low fence deer.

Comment

Steve
            Great write up. I have hand corned different spots over the years and it seems the best time to hunt those spots is 24-36 hrs later. My dilemma is I'm unable corn ahead of a hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
              A few of Garguy's East Texas low fence deer.

amazing amount of bone there. Shame to see them all piled up like that looks like some bruisers in there.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                amazing amount of bone there. Shame to see them all piled up like that looks like some bruisers in there.
                There are a bunch more mounted.

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                  Steve
                  Great write up. I have hand corned different spots over the years and it seems the best time to hunt those spots is 24-36 hrs later. My dilemma is I'm unable corn ahead of a hunt.
                  I agree I may corn a spot for a month for one perfect hunt. I fed 5 tons last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                    Great story and a good reminder of what we do wrong or not quite right.

Thanks.

BTW-with a little more volume of material, that's worthy of being published IMO.
                    I agree that you could write a book! The Encyclopedia of East Texas Deer Hunting! Do it Steve!

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus is Coming View Post
                      I agree that you could write a book! The Encyclopedia of East Texas Deer Hunting! Do it Steve!
                      LOL! I could include gar hunting, garfishing, alligator hunting, arrowhead hunting, airboating, white bass fishing, catfishing, deer hunting, hog hunting, and tearing equipment up! Life is an (mis)adventure!

Comment

I would have carried that deer out in 1/4s before I would have let that spot be known. Did it ever come back to bite you ?

Comment

i generally dont have a lot to say, (here at least) but i opened this thread hoping it was a garguy thread. sir i would love to have a cold one and just listen to your stories. it seems you, not the dos equis man, are the most interesting man in the world... haha full of east tx knowledge

Comment

Thanks for sharing garguy, I may be hunting back in Anderson CO this year and Im super excited about hunting that area

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                              I would have carried that deer out in 1/4s before I would have let that spot be known. Did it ever come back to bite you ?
                              Eventually. We killed 11 mature bucks there over 6 years though. I put my wife in there opening morning the next year. I had to be at work at noon so I walked her in early and told her I would be back at 11am. When I walked in, there was a nice deer in the corn and I spooked him off. I asked why she hadn't shot him and she said she had just seen a much larger buck chase a yearling off. I told her to get back in there as early as possible that evening, took a quick shower and headed to Walmart as I was a manager there.

A couple of hours after I got to work, my (now ex)wife called me and asked if I could bring some corn out as she was in the Walmart parking lot. I was plenty aggravated that she was in town instead of heading to the stand but I grabbed a couple bags of corn and went out there. Too my surprise, she had a STUD of an 8pt in the truck! She got on stand at 1230 and shot him at 1245. She got my Dad to help load it and brought that sucker to town!

Comment

Nice write up and good info

Comment

Working...
                                X