Any Tundra owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bm22 View Post
    What kind of lift did you get, was it done at the dealership?

I am about to purchase and am torn between getting the SR5 TSS 4x4, lifting it at the dealership or waiting another month for the TRD Sport 4x4 and keeping the bilstien shocks which are supposed to be great.
    Its the Toyota Ready Lift with the offroad package factory installed. Comes with the Bilstiens and is covered under the warranty. I didn't want to lift it 6" and risk voiding any of the warranty. So, why not. The ride isn't all that bad. I'm not sure if there is or should be a difference between an 18" and 20" wheel ride. I've only ran 18" wheels until now. That sounds wierd to say, but I wonder if that 1" of rubber helps with handling or taking bumps.

Comment

Originally posted by Btturbo View Post
      Shhh....you didn't hear it from me....Tundratalk.net.
      What......I don't speaky the english.......what

Comment

Just bought one a month ago after 3 Tacomas. Bought a 2017 Double-cab.

Pros - love the extra space and drives great. I have never traded or sold my Toyotas with negative equity, hold value very well. Read the Tundra forums, all about upgrades and fun stuff to do, not about problems. Got a great deal. Plenty of power.

Cons - not real good on gas, it is what it is, no underseat or behind seat storage like my Tacomas (but see pic below for fix). Lastly, should have waited for the 2018's as they added a few features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Is that a two wheel drive?

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle Duck View Post
          2012 RockWarrior Crew Max 4x4. 3" front 1"back leveling kit. Absolutely love the truck since I bought it off the lot. Gas milelage is poor but I didn't buy the truck for fuel efficiency. I do a lot of beach fishing in Matagorda and it is an absolute monster in the sand. Only issue I have had is the actuators on the doors. Replaced a few under warranty and have not had any problems since.
          Definitely get the 38 gallon tank.
          Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
          15 crew max, 118,000 miles and replaced battery to date. Pulled lots, filled bed full (250 gallon tote full, handled well). Mpg is 16ish mix, towing mpg is terrible. Only wish is fuel tank is larger like new models.
          I made sure mine had the 38 gallon tank. I should be filling it up early next week. Biting finger nails.......

Comment

I have 2015 1794 with a 4inch, lift and 34in tires. Lots or power, comfortable, looks good. Bad fuel mileage (11), the seat belts in the rear rattle unless clipped in, radio sucks.

Comment

Love mine, but it only gets about 11 MPG.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by sooner00; 09-11-2017, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sooner00 View Post
                Love mine, but it only gets about 11 MPG.
                I Dig.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post
                  I Dig.
                  Thanks.

I've added a winch and a few more lights now. Don't have a current photo.

Comment

I'm pricing bumpers, power steps and darker f'n windows. Oh and a new stubby antenna.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                      Is that a two wheel drive?
                      Yes

Comment

2017 CM with 10,000 miles on it. The stereo sucks, the Nav is even worse. No under seat storage in the back is a joke. Other than that I love it. LOTS of room inside, and a decent ride. Get 15.2 MPG by actual calculations the dash shows 14.7. Mostly city driving. I try to fill up around 1/2 a tank. I know it cost the same but putting $30 or so in it sure feels better than putting $75 at empty.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                          2012 that is almost to 100k miles. No issues at all since i bought it. Poor fuel mileage and a small tank are my only gripes.
                          This except I am a hair over 120,000. My main complaint is the fuel mileage while hauling anything bigger than a 16' duck boat. We have a 7X16 cargo trailer and I get about 6 mpg pulling it. Sucks having to fill up every 150 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhica View Post
                            I'm pricing bumpers, power steps and darker f'n windows. Oh and a new stubby antenna.
                            Tall antenna is a good clearance measurer for parking garages when you have a lift.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                              This except I am a hair over 120,000. My main complaint is the fuel mileage while hauling anything bigger than a 16' duck boat. We have a 7X16 cargo trailer and I get about 6 mpg pulling it. Sucks having to fill up every 150 miles.

Those cargo trailers may as well be a parachute. I hauled one to San Antonio and back about a 6 hour round trip and filled up 6 times. Normal for me on that trip is twice. I believe my next truck will be a 3/4 or 1 ton Chevy or Ford for a better overall pulling capacity. My tundra will pull anything I hook up to it but it will drink me broke keeping gas in the thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I sold my 2006 last year with 409,000 miles And still going strong. I had bought a 2014 new for out of town work and I retired so no need for the two trucks. They are great gas sucking trucks, good for the oil field bad for the mechanics.

Comment

Working...
                                X