Bank Pole/Diddy Pole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rcm719 View Post
    I have been toying with the idea of making some diddy poles to run on the brazos, I've personally never done it but seen plenty of videos to encourage me to try it out. Anyone on here fish this way? Pointers, tips/tricks? And of course opinions on the setup in this video I'm posting.

https://youtu.be/CrSGCPNQKKo
    Well, we would cut 10-12 foot saplings

Comment

4ft of 1/2" rebar driven into sand bar and 5 hook 50ft throw lines with an old worn out cultivator plow point for a weight so it don't roll with the current. Baby mudcats and toad frogs for bait. Apps love em. Circa 1950's Red River, Fannin County Tx. I still have a scar on my calf from a hook that snagged me from throwing out a line that got tangled around my foot.

Comment

We used to use 6' fiberglass rods in the Trinity growing up, same concept. I really like these polls. One thing we had issues with was when a big gar got on there it would come to the surface and sometimes pull the rod out by changing the angle of pull. Big cats they worked great as they stay on bottom more.

I am going to make some of these and give it a go!

Comment

My neighbor and I use the regular old cane poles in the bayou behind our house. It's fun during the summer to set them and take the kids to go check the lines.

I also use them to catch gar behind my house. Fresh mullet and a treble hook. Just let it hang slightly under the water and they swim by and hang themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by rcm719 View Post
            I have been toying with the idea of making some diddy poles to run on the brazos, I've personally never done it but seen plenty of videos to encourage me to try it out. Anyone on here fish this way? Pointers, tips/tricks? And of course opinions on the setup in this video I'm posting.

https://youtu.be/CrSGCPNQKKo
            Those are fancy....

Comment

Working...
            X