Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunting license question for TBH legal staff....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
    Yeah, but he was cleaning a deer in the parking lot!!!

Bisch
    Lol .... how did it take this long for this incident to come up?

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      Yeah there was, but he was cleaning a deer in the parking lot!!!

Bisch
      Ha! I still think that would have been a great entry into the Game Warden Notes thingy.

Comment

The only one and only time I have been cited I was hunting a pond with my future FIL. I was 16 and he said I didn't need the federal duck stamp. He breasted the ducks and put them in a black trash bag. As we walked out there was a truck at the gate about 200 yards away. He hid them in the brush and covered them with leaves. We get to the gate and the warden asks if we were shooting ducks. We say no. Wrote us a ticket for "being in the field with a gun hunting during duck season". We made it about 15 miles down the highway and a warden came at us, flipped around and threw the light on. Pulled over and the original warden came to a sliding stop behind us with the trash bag in his hand. "Didn't shoot any ducks did you!!!!" Got another ticket for not leaving a fully feathered wing on a duck. I will never forget those words and will never ever do anything to be cited again.

Comment

We were checked by a federal warden at a national wildlife refuge this past teal season. He was checking people as soon as they pulled up. We were legal ,but I asked him what if someone pulled up without his license. He said you would get a ticket even though you haven't hunted,because if he hadn't been there you would have gone hunting. He did say it was a pretty common ticket to write at 4 oclock in the AM. He said an unplugged gun would get you a ticket at that time too if your gun is unplugged.

Comment

Why would you be cited in town "not hunting" if you don't have your hunting license with you? They can call and verify a license, and being in town ain't hunting.

Comment

Had a buddy that admitted he was hunting with me the previous day one year while GW was checking the deer I killed at processors. This was about 17 years ago and he hadn’t taken his hunters safety course. TPWD wrote him a ticket on the spot. I have always felt bad for putting him in that situation. He was just riding with me to drop the meat off and the GW was checking the prosessor. He was just a victim of circumstance. However, he knew the game warden was just doing his job.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                Why would you be cited in town "not hunting" if you don't have your hunting license with you? They can call and verify a license, and being in town ain't hunting.
                Don’t know. That’s why I asked the hypothetical question. After consensus with green screen legal team I am convinced I will never be asked for my license in Subway or Walmart unless I am yammering on and wearing a camo hat and lacking some proper personal hygiene.

Comment

Originally posted by spikebuck View Post
                  Had a buddy that admitted he was hunting with me the previous day one year while GW was checking the deer I killed at processors. This was about 17 years ago and he hadn’t taken his hunters safety course. TPWD wrote him a ticket on the spot. I have always felt bad for putting him in that situation. He was just riding with me to drop the meat off and the GW was checking the prosessor. He was just a victim of circumstance. Ho
                  wever, he knew the game warden was just doing his job.
                  A ha!!! And someone said something about a dumb question! Lol.

Comment

I can add to this. I was stopped by a state trooper once. Yes I was speeding headed to the lease running late for afternoon hunt. I was wearing camouflage but my wife wasn’t. He asked where I was headed in such a hurry. I explained after he check my license and insurance and asked a lot of questions.... he asked for my hunting license. I showed it as I had nothing to hide. But does a highway patrolman have a right to ask for a hunting license because I said I was going hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by sticks View Post
                      I can add to this. I was stopped by a state trooper once. Yes I was speeding headed to the lease running late for afternoon hunt. I was wearing camouflage but my wife wasn’t. He asked where I was headed in such a hurry. I explained after he check my license and insurance and asked a lot of questions.... he asked for my hunting license. I showed it as I had nothing to hide. But does a highway patrolman have a right to ask for a hunting license because I said I was going hunting?

He has the right to ask you for Mimi's rhubarb pie recipe. The question is could he do anything about your refusal to provide it? Odd request, but he could not (properly) issue you citation for lack of a license on the way to hunt.

Comment

I had a dps officer ask for my social security number ( after already giving him my driving license) I laughed and said only if you give me your social. He didn't like that too much.

Comment

I have a situation where I commonly go fill feeders, check camera, etc. during the work day, in my company truck. It's literally 1/2 mile off the main road, takes me like 10 minutes to do it all when passing through the area. The local GW did warn me one time that I could technically be written up for not having my license with me when doing that. During hunting season, my license stays in my backpack. I had an issue a few years back where I left it at home, I had to wait for my wife to bring the license to me so I could tag the deer.

Comment

^^^This was going to be my question, I often go out and check cameras and feeders, clear brush and so forth, carry my pistol and don't carry my license. It's private property and I'm not hunting just working- I'm suppose to carry my license??

Comment

Many years ago I had a girlfriend laying out on the back deck of my boat sunbathing. I was on the front deck fishing game warden comes by checks everything twice I mean everything. After not finding anything he could write a citation for he writes girlfriend a ticket for no fishing license. I called the judge on Monday morning and he threw it out over the phone no court hearing. This is the only negative experience I have ever had with a Game Warden ever he was a real piece of work.

Comment

^^^ crazy. That would almost be like running to town for a footlong meatball at Subway and casually mentioning to GW that the hunting was slow today and then being asked to produce your license.

Comment

Working...
                                X