Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunting license question for TBH legal staff....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
    In East Tx it’s all relative!
    Dude! It's East Tx, not Arkansas!

Comment

Tell him or her no and see what occurs. Get back to us.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

A group of us was a motel in Littlefield Tx a few years back and the game warden's banged on our doors and wanted to see our license. We had our license. Just curious because we were not hunting. Always wondered what they would have done if we didn't have a license. Yes we had dead birds in the coolers. This was a Saturday night after opening day.

Comment

First off...that's an anvil headed question!

Secondly, here is your answer from a game warden:

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
          When actually hunting, or fishing public water, you must possess the valid license. You don’t need it at the grocery store, ballpark, etc
          Next stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

Next stupid question.
            Dont make me send you cat facts!

-Highly Respected since 2014

Comment

You would be fine in that scenario as long as you at least have your Talking About Hunting license on you.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                A group of us was a motel in Littlefield Tx a few years back and the game warden's banged on our doors and wanted to see our license. We had our license. Just curious because we were not hunting. Always wondered what they would have done if we didn't have a license. Yes we had dead birds in the coolers. This was a Saturday night after opening day.

Those birds just fell into your cooler when you were retrieving a cold beer and died after you closed it?

Here's your sign!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  Those birds just fell into your cooler when you were retrieving a cold beer and died after you closed it?

Here's your sign!
                  There wasn't but about 6 birds and the hunters that shot them went out with the wardens with their license. All was good and then they came back in and wanted to see everyone's license. Just found it odd. Not gripping at all.
                  Last edited by doghouse; 03-27-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

There wasn't but about 6 birds and the hunters that shot them went out with the wardens with their license. All was good and then they came back in and wanted to see everyone's license. Just found it odd. Not gripping at all.
                    Just because the rest of you were bad shots doesn't mean you don't have to have a license to hunt.

Comment

Comment

From a different angle. If you have a current hunting/fishing license but it is not on your person and you are checked, the GW will have the ability to determine if your licence is current. At that time, if your are actively hunting or fishing, they would be within their rights to issue you a summons.

Howeverr once you go to the local courthouse or JP office, I'd bet 9 times out of 10 it gets dismissed with court costs.

Comment

Originally posted by cfortner View Post
                          From a different angle. If you have a current hunting/fishing license but it is not on your person and you are checked, the GW will have the ability to determine if your licence is current. At that time, if your are actively hunting or fishing, they would be within their rights to issue you a summons.

Howeverr once you go to the local courthouse or JP office, I'd bet 9 times out of 10 it gets dismissed with court costs.
                          This was at a motel room about 9pm at night. It's no big deal and they were very nice. Just curious after the hunters that claimed the kills and produced their license and were cleared they checked all of our license inside our rooms and hunters education courses. We were not hunting at 9pm.

Comment

I guess if you have the right Rooster Lollipop game warden and you run you’re mouth at the wrong time they could ask you some uncomfortable questions. Depending on what you were jawing about.

But wearing Camo in public is a god given right. As is being unshaven, dirty and smelly

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                              Makes sense to me. I am sure there is at least one person on here that could share a story that he was asked to produce his license under the “camo in Walmart” scenario. Anyone?
                              Yeah there was, but he was cleaning a deer in the parking lot!!!

Bisch
                              Last edited by Bisch; 03-27-2018, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mauler View Post
                                I guess if you have the right Rooster Lollipop game warden and you run you’re mouth at the wrong time they could ask you some uncomfortable questions. Depending on what you were jawing about.

But wearing Camo in public is a god given right. As is being unshaven, dirty and smelly
                                Amen! Thanks for all the input. I am seriously recaliprating my respect level for the geeen cops based on all the numbskulls they deal with. Is there any wonder why some may come across as “Rooster Lollipop”? But that being said, I have no interest in being tread upon.

Comment

Working...
                                X