Crappie withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    Yep! I'ma look-n forward to a new fish finder too! Been using a Hummer 541 . Going with a Hummer 10 with SI and GPS. Gotta get a foot controlled troller first.
    I've been using my humminbird FCR 4000!! Finally gave out after 20+ years.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Do yall find the crappie can get lock jaw this time of year? I fish jigs exclusively and I have a really hard time getting on a good bite around the brush piles in July and August. Maybe it is just me not doing the right things.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        Do yall find the crappie can get lock jaw this time of year? I fish jigs exclusively and I have a really hard time getting on a good bite around the brush piles in July and August. Maybe it is just me not doing the right things.

Hot summertime and winter I like to have some minnows on board. Several piles yesterday were loaded but only could catch a few active fish before they quit biting. Minnows would have pulled a few more out at each spot IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
          Hot summertime and winter I like to have some minnows on board. Several piles yesterday were loaded but only could catch a few active fish before they quit biting. Minnows would have pulled a few more out at each spot IMO.

Sounds like it might not be me then. The lake I fish doesnt have any bait places close by(as in 30 miles) and it is really difficult keeping minnows alive in the summer anyway. I can beat out a decent box of fish with the jigs if I stay at it but I guess Im not that mad at them anymore. I think Im lazy and just enjoy pulling up to a brush pile and getting into the fish or move on to the next one if they arent biting.

Comment

Couldn't stand being this close to Tawakoni and not going! Kept 47 this morning for a fish fry at the camp tomorrow night! Man that's a fun lake! Start on Fork tomorrow. Tourney in 2 weeks!!

Comment

I'm jealous!
              47 is a nice haul!

Comment

Found 20 this morning using minnows..... Canyon lake

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Cook-em up!

Comment

Fished an hour and a half before the storms ran us off the lake. Bad part. Didn't get to fish long. Good part caught some decent fish and hopefully figured out how to keep em alive all day. Threw 8 in one side of the livewell and cleaned em at 330 and every one was flipping like we just pulled em out the lake!! Happy about that!

Comment

Slew I have had good luck with a little ice, please release me and hydrogen peroxide keeping bass alive in the heat of the summer.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2534.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	24501580

Only thing better than catching them is eating them!

Comment

Last trip to Toledo.
                          The calm winds today would make it easy to fish the deep water tops today.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                            [ATTACH]861109[/ATTACH]

Only thing better than catching them is eating them!

Right on!!! We has a fry last night. Battered pickled jalapeƱo slices and fried them too. They didn't last long at all!!!

Comment

Picked up a double seat base today!! Gonna be nice for brushpiles and winter spider rigging!! Every time I spent $$$ on crappie stuff I think of my buddy that told me back in 2001 you can be crappie fishing for $30!! I think that was about $30k ago!!![emoji2]

Wouldn't change a thing!!![emoji41]

Comment

Now your talk-n! Like that net location too.

Comment

Working...
                                X