Limbsaver recoil pads, do they work????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limbsaver recoil pads, do they work????

I'm about to put my 48 lbs 8 yr old, behind a 20 ga pump for the youth turkey opener. He shot the little Winchester youth 20 this weekend with birdshot with mixed results, 1 hurt 1 didn't.

Do the Limbsaver Air Tech pads (slip on or grind to fit) really reduce felt recoil substantially?

I know the adrenaline of having a gobbling turkey will make him forget it kicks, but also don't want scare the crap outta him when that Winchester Extreme turkey load goes boom!

I have one on my 870 12g and I will say it absolutely works. 2oz #5's aren't bad at all now. I broke an extractor on my gun and ended up using my sons on a hot and heavy dove shoot. The difference between the two guns is night and day.

Comment

Love mine on my ruger 270 and my wife's 308.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shoot....what a ride!"

Comment

Love mine on my 7 Mag .

Comment

They work but unless you have a similar sized pad it is going to extend your length of pull due to its length. That screws up a bunch of folks who never take it into consideration. If you don't have a pad at all like some semi-autos, its really going to lengthen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            They work but unless you have a similar sized pad it is going to extend your length of pull due to its length. That screws up a bunch of folks who never take it into consideration. If you don't have a pad at all like some semi-autos, its really going to lengthen it.
            Already considered that and the gun has a 25 yr old old style rubber slip on pad from when I used it as a kid! So it shouldn't affect it too much

Comment

Yeah they work but mine got gummy after about 5 years. I swapped it for a Pacmyre Decelerator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For sure they work. be advised some at a little Length of pull to the gun. for a youngster make sure you are aware of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  Already considered that and the gun has a 25 yr old old style rubber slip on pad from when I used it as a kid! So it shouldn't affect it too much

Good to go as long as they are close

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                    Yeah they work but mine got gummy after about 5 years. I swapped it for a Pacmyre Decelerator.

Wait! You use a recoil pad?

Comment

I have one on my 12ga and I can shoot all day long and not have a bruise or even a sore shoulder. It helps a lot IMO

Comment

Put one on my Remington 600 243 several years ago made a world of difference but like previous post it did turn gummy and had to replace it.

Comment

I do also have one on my custom rifle also but as soon as it starts getting gummy it's getting swapped for a Decelerator also. Sucks cuz they do work great.

Comment

Wonder if it's some chemical causing the Gumminess. Mine are going on or may be over 10 years old and still feel like day 1.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy shoot....what a ride!"

Comment

Originally posted by fishingsetx View Post
                              Wonder if it's some chemical causing the Gumminess. Mine are going on or may be over 10 years old and still feel like day 1.

Some types of foam rubber will cause them to get "gummy". Wonder if their gun case or bottom of gun safe has certain type of foam rubber? I put some foam rubber on the floor of my gun safe for cushion and it reacted with limbsaver pad making it sticky.

Comment

Working...
                              X