Euro in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
    My wt is done... Waiting to bleach for the black buck i Just dropped in some stew.... He was already a bit nasty.

Bowtechlady how did yours turn out?
    I have three (3) ready for the whitening phase. I did the axis in a slow simmer and it turned out really good too. My biggest fear with the simmer is that I would damage it but it was not a problem

I have the peroxide from Sally's but just need to locate the instructions and get it done

I will post pics of the final product

Comment

Have #1 soaking in peroxide now with nose pieces from axis (#3)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363746131.731129.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	24182609

I will check in the morning. Should I shoot for 8-10 hours in the soak or longer?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtechlady View Post
        Have #1 soaking in peroxide now with nose pieces from axis (#3)

[ATTACH]471793[/ATTACH]

I will check in the morning. Should I shoot for 8-10 hours in the soak or longer?
        I believe you let it sit in the soak til your little heart is content with the degree of whiteness your looking for

Comment

Originally posted by RAGUIRREJR View Post
          I believe you let it sit in the soak til your little heart is content with the degree of whiteness your looking for
          Thanks

Comment

I pulled out #1 and put number 2 in the soak. The only thing I noticed is it looks like on #1 the high part of the skull between the base of the horns may not have got enough peroxide on it but I am going to let it dry and check it. What is the trick to getting the skull completely covered with peroxide without getting the antlers in the peroxide. i used some terry strips saturated and thought it would work.

I used the liquid peroxide from Sally's but I did not do the paste method. Any suggestions?

Comment

Good stuff! Thanks for the demonstration!

Comment

I pulled out #1 and put number 2 in the soak. The only thing I noticed is it looks like on #1 the high part of the skull between the base of the horns may not have got enough peroxide on it but I am going to let it dry and check it. What is the trick to getting the skull completely covered with peroxide without getting the antlers in the peroxide. i used some terry strips saturated and thought it would work.

I used the liquid peroxide from Sally's but I did not do the paste method. Any suggestions?
                I think the paste method may help out a bit, I haven't tried it yet. I have one that I'm waiting to bleach myself with the liquid peroxide. This thread is getting me motivated to get started on it. I've had the skull for a little over a year now

Comment

Interesting. Fermenting Deer Skulls. I boiled mine this year. When I did, I removed alot of the cartilage in the nasal cavaty when scraping/picking. I don't mind those not being there in the final product. There are like a billion little holes and stuff that hold tissue in these things. (like for instance a 3" long tube just above the teeth, etc.) I'm not sure that I'd feel comfortable with all of those having been reached within just a few weeks of letting it sit like this. At least with beatles you know nothing is there when they stop eating....

Do you guys/gals at least do a smell test? After I am done boiling and degreasing, I just set it out and wait to see if it starts to smell and then try to find any missing peices of tissue before finally mounting to a plaque. One my first one, I thought I was done, it looked great, I set it out and about 2 days later I could get a whiff of something off, and sure enough, I found a bit of tissue in a channel just above the teeth.

Comment

Here is #1 on a 24 hour soak in peroxide. I think it turned out pretty good for my first one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363915237.467229.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	24182980

I have #2 in the peroxide soak now

Comment

Sweet!

Im gonna do the peroxide paste from sally's... My mom was headed there there other day and picked it up for me.
                      So i dodged the Nancy stare.

Im waiting on my black buck to finish before i do both the bb and wt... The wt is currently on my gun bench inside and doesn't stink at all... My pregnant wife would sure tell me about it if it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                        Sweet!

Im gonna do the peroxide paste from sally's... My mom was headed there there other day and picked it up for me.
                        So i dodged the Nancy stare.

Im waiting on my black buck to finish before i do both the bb and wt... The wt is currently on my gun bench inside and doesn't stink at all... My pregnant wife would sure tell me about it if it was.
                        How's that BB coming along?

Comment

Here is #1 on a 24 hour soak in peroxide. I think it turned out pretty good for my first one.

[ATTACH]472546[/ATTACH]

I have #2 in the peroxide soak now
                          Came out looking great!!! Good job

Comment

Here is number 2

This one was the easier of the two because I had added the aquarium heater at this point. It was ready pretty quickly. I am pleased with final product
                            Last edited by Bowtechlady; 07-12-2017, 12:02 AM.

Comment

has anyone done this process with a ram or aoudad?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Tick View Post
                                How's that BB coming along?
                                Is in the container at the house.... water and rid x mixture with 2 aquarium heaters and a heat lamp.

I checked it before i headed out yesterday. Had a little bit of meat on it still. The hide and bottom jaw have come off. Just some fleshy stuff around the mouth left.... And the horns have yet to budge.

I may be throwing it in the trash bag soon to see if i can get the horns to move... I think the water is swelling the bone abit not allowing for the horns to come off... I put on a pair of gloves and gave her the ole college try friday... But no movement. Forgot how yummy it smelt till it was in my hands.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                X