Old!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

33 myself. I just started shooting trad 5 1/2 months ago. I like the challenge of trad but still shoot the wheels every now and again.

Trad has made me a much better compound shooter.

Comment

With that broke limb, I bet you ain't gettin 24!!!!!

Comment

65 and going great

Comment

Will be 64 in August. Didn't start trad until I was 55. I sure regret waiting so late in life to do this.

Comment

I'l be 63 in July. Dusty will be 61 in October (I was a semi-cougar 39 years ago when I snatched him up, lol)

It was 1999 when I first picked up a recurve, or any bow for that matter.
              Care of aging parents, work, child/teenager raising intervened though, and it wasn't until 2006 when we came back in earnest.

Like Lewis, if I'd known this was going to be so much fun (alternating with so much frustration), I would have been doing this all my life.

Happy birthday yesterday, Charles!

But there ARE a lot of Young Guns in trad...John Reyna, Caleb Ballard, Brandon Keys, Michael Smith, Josh Freedman, Cody Erickson, Chris Driscoll and a bunch more.

Young at heart? A TON of us

Comment

i've got 6 to go

Comment

I'm the same age as Bisch, so I'm still just a kid (I still have a lot of growin' up to do 'fore I can retire, dangit).

I will admit to buying my first recurve at 10 y/o in 1968, though. Funny thing is I still have that bow, and have used it to teach countless kids how to shoot through the years. She hangs on a peg now with a twisted limb, but I can look at it and drop back to the 60's when we'd kill gar and shoot at squirrel's, snakes, and turtles along the bayou in Houston.

Comment

16 months to go.

Comment

40 next friday

Comment

Originally posted by Green View Post
                        I'm the same age as Bisch, so I'm still just a kid (I still have a lot of growin' up to do 'fore I can retire, dangit).

I will admit to buying my first recurve at 10 y/o in 1968, though. Funny thing is I still have that bow, and have used it to teach countless kids how to shoot through the years. She hangs on a peg now with a twisted limb, but I can look at it and drop back to the 60's when we'd kill gar and shoot at squirrel's, snakes, and turtles along the bayou in Houston.
                        If you were 10yrs old in 1968 then you are a bit older than me!

Bisch
                        Last edited by Bisch; 06-16-2012, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Got 12 yrs to go..been told I have an old soul..does that count?

Breeze

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                            If you were 10yrs old in 1968 then you are a bit older than me!

Bisch
                            Just keep tellin' yourself that Old Man.

Comment

Nope, I got 29 years to go... but the way years are flying by, that ought to be next week!

Comment

I'm 52... been doin' this since I was 2 1/2 (started with "BIG CHIEF" sets from Ben Franklin 5 - 10 and OTASCO stores... I went through arrows pretty regularly, lol!)

Comment

Working...
                                X