TBH Cycling Thread - 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
    I’m super excited, and my wife has gotten on board and will be training and riding with me! This may be a start to a whole new chapter for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is great!!!! I wished my wife would get into cycling, she is a "reader" lol

Comment

For anyone with kiddos the weehoo I go trailers are pretty cool. Bought one at the rei garage sale. Daughter is 19 months but she’s a fan. She likes being able to look around. We thought she was kind of scared and were contemplating putting the two wheel buggy back on when she tried to climb in on her own and kept saying ride. She didn’t mind the helmet either Only issue was clearance on the back tire. Wife rides a base model diamondback 27.5. PVC coupler under the hitch solved the problem though.

Comment

My frame is finished with paint!! Shipping today. 17.5", 27.5" boost carbon fiber frame with BSA bottom bracket. Building it with full shimano Deore XT group, rockshox, and race face. I'm stoked!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks awesome. Is it cheaper to build one up, or do you just get everything you want?

Comment

Very cool!!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
              Looks awesome. Is it cheaper to build one up, or do you just get everything you want?

Everything, when done, will be about $1900. It would cost $3500 - $5000 to buy this bike.

Comment

What are you guys using for transport racks? I like the Thule stuff but dang it's spendy. I have a truck but like to use the bed for gear under the backflip cover. Might have to just hold out for a deal on craigslist, but making sure I wasn't missing a cheaper option.

Comment

What are you guys using for transport racks? I like the Thule stuff but dang it's spendy. I have a truck but like to use the bed for gear under the backflip cover. Might have to just hold out for a deal on craigslist, but making sure I wasn't missing a cheaper option.
                  I use Yakima racks. My buddy has one he got off amazon (I think Hollywood?) and he’s used it for about 4 years with zero issues.

They’re expensive but can be found used in good shape. It’s worth a quality rack, you don’t want a failure on the rack when your transporting your bike

Comment

Tuffbroadhead I sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                      Everything, when done, will be about $1900. It would cost $3500 - $5000 to buy this bike.
                      are you having someone build it or are you doing it all? Can you pm me some of the info on who did your frame.

My last tri bike I built up and regret selling it. After you've done a custom its hard to make compromises on off the rack!

Comment

I am building it. I worked in a bike shop while in college and raced for a few years, so the basics I have down. I'll be honest though, technology has gotten crazy and I had to do a ton of research before I began buying parts. I've been away for too long. Hubs, wheels, gears, headtube angles, chainstays lengths, etc. Have really changed alot in the last 15 years.
                        Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                        are you having someone build it or are you doing it all? Can you pm me some of the info on who did your frame.

My last tri bike I built up and regret selling it. After you've done a custom its hard to make compromises on off the rack!
                        Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KRB View Post
                          Tuffbroadhead I sent you a PM

Got it bro and shot ya one.

On another note I was looking at a bike rack upgrade... Did my home work and wanted a nice one that did not have any plastic parts that would wear out.

Im all set to order a new 1up Usa double....NICE!!!

And can the 2019's Rockys any sooner!!!!

Comment

The 1up stuff looks like the best for sure. I’ll probably get something lesser used for now. Did what you gave break? Wondering what to stay away from.

Comment

Back seat (folded up) of my f150 super crew. Got a cheap Amazon receiver hitch carrier for the wife's Exploder. It's only $100 but mechanically solid. I trust it. Allen Sports I think.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Love 1up and Kuat racks. Hate the price tag associated with them though. I settled for a Saris Freedom and liking so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X