Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What coneal carry pistol does your wife Carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G43

Comment

Originally posted by Nova View Post
      I bought my wife a S&W Body Guard 380, it is a good little pocket gun but the trigger is not great. The trigger is so tough to pull that it pulls her shot consistently. They have an aftermarket trigger but it cost so much it is not feasible to modify this gun. I am just going to keep it for a pocket gun for myself and get her something else.
      The problem with that type of trigger pull is the long heavy action similar to a double action revolver. I noticed that many of the recommendations have similar long and heavier double action trigger pulls including revolvers. There are nothing wrong with these types of guns however they are not for everyone, particularly a new shooter or at least without a lot of range time that most people simply do not have the time or money to do. It seems like some of the recommendations are just trading one handgun for another with nearly identical characteristics.

Sometimes it isn’t the trigger that is the main culprit but the big bang and their anticipation of it. So.... before I moved on with a new handgun, I might want to make sure it is the trigger causing the problem and not just what is somewhat a typical beginner’s mistake. If possible have her try out an xD, M&P, Glock or other striker fire handgun. If she shoots them significantly better then or at least without the same issue, it would likely be time to find out which pistol of that type she likes the feel of the grip and trigger.

If a person can’t shoot a S&W revolver very well, it isn’t likely that switching to a Colt or Ruger revolver will make much difference. I kind of feel that way with some of these recommendations. It is not the gun per se but the type of trigger. If the longer and heavier trigger pull is the problem then going to another gun with the same type of action will likely not help.

In my opinion.

Comment

my wife carries a Smith and Wesson lady Smith .38

Comment

M&P Shield 9mm

Comment

M&P 9mm for me but looking for something smaller . This one is the double stack and I find it to be to bulky.

Comment

My wife carries a Glock 42.

Comment

My wife doesn’t carry. Or does she??

Comment

Sig p238

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                    G43. (I love my wife too much to let her carry a Taurus...)

I felt the same way about a Taurus, and I carried a Walther 380, then a Springfield xdm in .40. I picked up a "new to me" Taurus in .40, got it dirt cheap because no guy wanted a PINK handgun, and it's now with me everywhere I go. It's not so embarrassing, because I'm an old woman, and I guess that makes pink alright, but I ran through a post academy qualification course with it and it will SHOOT. At 25 yards, it's neck and neck with my sig, might. E more accurate than the xdm, and actually beats the walther. And after a dozen boxes, not one jam, so my opinions of that particular Taurus model is not as harsh as previously.

Comment

Sig p238. 380 loaded

Comment

Beretta Pico .380

Comment

Kimber Ultra Carry in .45

She thought it was pretty. Thing is she's deadly with it so it's all good.......

Comment

G42 with a little work done to help eliminate jamming due to a little less arm strength during recoil.

Comment

Walther PPK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

S&w 500

Comment

Working...
                                X