OFFICIAL 2016/17 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
    I think your the one I hunt near, the water finally receded around the first week of August on our place from the Ocotober floods. 200 acres out of 275 were 8' under water. All we can do is plant some FP and hope.
    Yes sir, we are within a few miles of each other. When I drove over the river two weeks ago it appeared the bottom lands had finally dried out. The deer will move back in quicker than you think, especially if there is some tender green shoots sprouting.

Comment

If it ain't rainin' when I get home this evenin', I'm gonna go pull cards to see if anything is hitting the feeders at my home place besides coons n squirrels... Stay tuned...

Got stuff ready to go put out this weekend, at some other property, but don't have a lot of confidence I can get it done unless I want to do it in the rain... I just plain ain't that mad at 'em anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
        Yes sir, we are within a few miles of each other. When I drove over the river two weeks ago it appeared the bottom lands had finally dried out. The deer will move back in quicker than you think, especially if there is some tender green shoots sprouting.
        Discing up about 12 acres this weekend, and getting stands setup and finally venturing to the back to reclaim what the river stole. Just trying anything we can to get some animals back.

Comment

Well the bucks are right on schedule! many are cleaned up right now. the groups of ten bucks are now ones and twos. Bucks that were eating corn every day now drop in once every two or three days. the beauty berries are ripe and filling that starch need instead off corn for right now. It will settle down in a couple weeks. time for new bucks to suddenly appear!

Dont stress if your big deer drops off the camera for a couple weeks. he will be back soon.

Comment

I'm in as well. I'll go next week to check cards and top off my feeder. I'm in Polk county around seven oaks.

Comment

I will be following this post. I'm Hunting in SE polk county these two were my two target bucks last year I ended up shooting a smaller 9 point, hopefully he made it, I havent had pics of him yet.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	24458393

Comment

[ATTACH]809539[/ATTACH]

Comment

In as well.

Comment

These are a few from last year that are still running around for sure the first 10 point is in Tyler County.
                    The next one is that wide 8 point. Hes a fighter and looks to be one of the more dominant bucks. Has scars everywhere and here a couple of busted tines. I got a few pics of him near his bedding area without any antlers after the season ended. I know it's him from the massive body and scars around his face and ears.
                    The last one is a tall 8 point with a busted up side late in the season all I know is hes pretty tall. These last 2 bucks are in Newton Co. My cousin had a close encounter with that tall 8 during the rut but didnt give him a shot with the bow.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post
                      I will be following this post. I'm Hunting in SE polk county these two were my two target bucks last year I ended up shooting a smaller 9 point, hopefully he made it, I havent had pics of him yet.
                      [ATTACH]809536[/ATTACH]
                      Thats a good one!

Comment

In. I hunt a small track in Houston Co. Near Pennington. First year do not know what to expect. Camera and feeders going since January but only hogs and very few pics of a doe. I have heard that the area is good, just hope they cross through our place.

Comment

Going up in the morning to trim shooting lanes and put out a few more cameras. Work is getting in the way in a few weeks, but I'm hoping for a good year.

Comment

I'm in. Hunting 568 acres in San Augustine county. Just 3 of us. Pulled some cards today and got a good shooter.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Not much to add (yet) except the Mosquitoes were very thick last week on my Splendora lease. So much so that with them, the heat and the humidity- it will be a few weeks before I go back. Hard to get excited just yet.

Comment

I'm in, Gregg Co. & Marion Co.
                                A few regulars from last year back on camera behind the house in Gregg. and just set out my camera in Marion (Lodi) last week. Will check it in a few weeks. 903 produced some good deer last year can't wait to see this years!
                                Behind the house in Longview..

Comment

Working...
                                X