Anyone hiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hiring?

Anyone hiring around Fort Worth, Hurst area? I have been in the golf industry as a golf professional for most of my career and needed a change. I got out because I didn't want to work every single Saturday and Sunday and every holiday and be able to spend more time with my family. Thanks all.

Just about every PD in the metroplex is hiring. It’s a good gig most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampyMarsh View Post
      Anyone hiring around Fort Worth, Hurst area? I have been in the golf industry as a golf professional for most of my career and needed a change. I got out because I didn't want to work every single Saturday and Sunday and every holiday and be able to spend more time with my family. Thanks all.
      Seems like everybody is hiring everywhere for everything. I am a landlord and I can't find construction people anywhere.

I'm considering getting into construction. Contractors are able to name their price AND tell you to get on a waiting list.

IMO now is the time to change careers, if you are so inclined. If you want weekends off I wouldn't get into retail or emergency services.

Comment

Construction is growing, and will continue to trend for several years according to most analysts.

Skilled tradesmen are in demand. Most specifically in the MEP trades. As demand increases and the labor pool decreases, compensation will continue to rise.

Get into a trade school, and and it will accelerate your career.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
          Just about every PD in the metroplex is hiring. It’s a good gig most of the time.
          Said he didn’t want to work every Saturday and Sunday and holidays. That’s exactly what he’d be doing starting out the PD.

Comment

Originally posted by Knox View Post
            Said he didn’t want to work every Saturday and Sunday and holidays. That’s exactly what he’d be doing starting out the PD.
            Yup yup

Comment

Ups will be opening hubs in Arlington in Feb and haslet here very soon. They both will "street hire" you could walk in off the street and apply for a driver or feeder driver position. Been w em 20 yrs now. It's been good to me.

Comment

I work in the petrochemical industry in Southeast Texas. There's lots of expansion and hiring going on right now. The money is great, but if you're looking for more time with your family, this probably isn't for you.

Comment

Working...
                X