HR advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
    All y'all dingles ragging on his wife need to get off your high horses.

"My wife is a teacher. Being a certificate holder she is required to report activities in violation of moral/illegal conduct of colleagues."

She is legally required to report this or she could lose her livelihood.

It's a tough situation for sure, mind your own business and lose your job or rat out the boss and possibly lose your job...
    Only problem with this is that I can't find a moral or illegal violation. It's not immoral or illegal for a kid to drink alcohol with their parents permission. It's not immoral or illegal for a school administrator to buy dinner and wine for the parents and student. It's not immoral or illegal for a school administrator to have wine on a school trip. Wine is LEGAL. I also think that it's somewhat telling how there was a little dig of "the Director of Fine Arts invited himself on the trip".

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      Only problem with this is that I can't find a moral or illegal violation. It's not immoral or illegal for a kid to drink alcohol with their parents permission. It's not immoral or illegal for a school administrator to buy dinner and wine for the parents and student. It's not immoral or illegal for a school administrator to have wine on a school trip. Wine is LEGAL. I also think that it's somewhat telling how there was a little dig of "the Director of Fine Arts invited himself on the trip".
      When dealing with hearsay it could have very well felt obligated or even required...

Comment

I think the Administrator used poor judgement by introducing alcohol. Whether legal or not, it shows poor judgement on his part.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
          All y'all dingles ragging on his wife need to get off your high horses.

"My wife is a teacher. Being a certificate holder she is required to report activities in violation of moral/illegal conduct of colleagues."

She is legally required to report this or she could lose her livelihood.

It's a tough situation for sure, mind your own business and lose your job or rat out the boss and possibly lose your job...
          I doubt you would lose your job for not reporting a rumor.....

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
            I think the Administrator used poor judgement by introducing alcohol. Whether legal or not, it shows poor judgement on his part.
            Why? I don't understand this reasoning. Wine is not illegal. I read nowhere where the alcohol was expensed to the district. I read nowhere that he was inebriated. He was at dinner with other consenting adults and their kid whom they gave consent to partake. Outside of a Baptist gossip session, I just don't see the "poor judgement" part.

I sat on my local school board for 7 years and was President for 3. I have seen "poor judgment" in school employees, administrators, etc. in ways that you can't imagine.

Comment

This is where I think about my 6 year old son and what he always tells his sister.

"worry about yourself"

I see no harm or foul by the Admin since parents were there.

Comment

Parents were there....parents decision Trump's any teachers imo and the parents are the ones responsible for them at that time, no expert here but just the way if see it if it was my kid and I allowed it, wouldn't be a school employees problem.

BTW our head football coach was also a golf coach. He drank a beer or two when we played golf. No one ever batted an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                  I doubt you would lose your job for not reporting a rumor.....
                  Who honestly knows with the way schools work now...

One more reason I'm glad I don't work for the government! I like being able to mind my own business.

Comment

Code of conduct seems to spell out this item, and the Director should understand that he is a representative of the school 24x7 traveling or on school trips. His actions will be viewed in that light and as such the associated perception.

It's also legal for him to do a myriad of things, but that does mean it is acceptable under code of conduct.

Comment

Working...
                    X