No announcement yet.

HR advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man I had plenty of beers with my old ag teachers while in school.

Comment

I've got so much to say but I will leave it alone. I would just say to make sure your wife adheres to all policies and procedures from here on out and pray this year is a good one with no issues. She's got a target on her back now. People can claim whistleblower act all they want but they will come up with a "Constructive Discharge" scenario very easily, no matter how good her record may be. Most all teachers are on a 1 year contract these days so it's very easy to non renew with no explanation.

She needs to feel it out this Fall and have a backup plan to find another place to teach just in case.

Comment

This is how fake news works...you gotta validate at this level or will bite you back.

Comment

Thank you for all the replies.
          We live and work in Texas.
          Student gossip was confirmed when parents were asked, as we are friends outside of school.

I tried to talk her into letting this go, but she couldn't get over the fact that a school official was drinking with a student at a school related event.

My wife's Principal is the one who recommended she file a report.

At any rate, it's almost hunting season.

Comment

sorry...I understand the moral issue but since the folks were there it probably shouldn't have been pushed unless the parents were indeed uncomfortable, but that isn't the case.

If they could prove the teacher was the one who started/instigated drinking with a minor then you would think there's still trouble simply due to the rules of the game. I find it hard to see an experienced teacher take such action as it's explained.

Comment

Having just sat through an hour long refresher with the company lawyer last week, some of these situations were discussed.
              Representing your employer (in my case wearing my FRC's in public) and doing something questionable like drinking or acting in any way inappropriate can be held against you even if you are off duty. Same can be said about sending offensive items either by email or text on personal phone to business computer or other employee personal phone.
              Everything is ok until it isn't.
              Let the student's parents get mad about something and see if this comes back up.

Comment

in 14 more years my youngest will be 18. I will then sell everything so I can move into the Wilderness far away from other humans and this trivial crap.

Comment

I'm curious if the Admin expenses the dinner ( Wine included) to the district or not?

If the district didn't actually pay for the wine, I dont see a problem.
                  Last edited by Mayhem; 08-29-2019, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    I'm curious if the Admin expenses the dinner ( Wine included) to the district or not? If the district didn't actually play for the wine, there is no problem.
                    FIFY,

This is my take on the deal. In reality, I can't see a District funding a trip to DC from Texas for a student and admin to accept an award. I think this is a pay your own way situation, therefore not a school trip.
                    Last edited by Mike; 08-29-2019, 06:12 AM.

Comment

for me it depends on if the person tried to pass wine off on an expense account...most corporations wont allow that, neither should a school...tax dollars and all that. If he paid for it, then reporting it just creates unnecessary drama for everyone.

Comment

In my opinion nothing wrong occurred other than your wife overstepped her bounds. I am sure it will work out. I do hope the administrators career is not messed up simply because they drank a glass of wine with dinner.

-john

Comment

part of the problem

Comment

Honestly Im glad she got dimed out for diming someone else out and trying to poop on someone elses party. She is now...That Person. Sorry Dude.

Comment

I don't understand these days why some people are so worried about what others do

Comment

All y'all dingles ragging on his wife need to get off your high horses.

"My wife is a teacher. Being a certificate holder she is required to report activities in violation of moral/illegal conduct of colleagues."

She is legally required to report this or she could lose her livelihood.

It's a tough situation for sure, mind your own business and lose your job or rat out the boss and possibly lose your job...

Comment

Working...
                                X