Docs, what eating a hole in my hand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Docs, what eating a hole in my hand?

At first I thought it was a splinter or fish bone. Then it swole up to the point it hurt on the backside of my hand. After some diy bathroom surgery a ton of nasty white **** was removed. I drained it again last night and tonight. It looks to be in the meat below the skin layers. Any ideas?

Now that it's being drained it no longer hurts or is the bright red color it was. Draining, peroxide and antibacterial ointment seem to be helping.

And yes I will go see my doc if it don't heal up in a few days.
    Attached Files

I'm not a doctor, but sounds a lot like staph infection

Comment

DDr. Now. There are some nasty infections in this country these days....

Comment

Staph was my first thought. Sometimes if antibiotics don't kill it, the doc will need to go in and remove the infected tissue. I would definitely see a doctor, b/c there is some bad strains of bacteria out there. Any chance it could have been a spider bite?

Comment

Smear some mud on it for A few days.

Comment

Personally I'd be at Scott and White tomorrow morning in the ER to get that addressed. Infections today can get away from you in a hurry. In the future, think about what's coming up and get in there where sick leave will cover it at work, and you're not having to give up all day in the ER over a holiday weekend.

Comment

Not a doc, but have had some sores very similar in the past, most came from getting a piece of metal shaving in there. Usually cleared mine up about the same way.

Comment

agree with others... I'd at least go to a walk-in clinic ASAP to get a real diagnosis and possible Rx to fight any infection

Comment

Just messing around earlier. I had a metal shaving in my palm from drilling holes in some plate. After a day or so my hand loooked very similar. I just dug around in there for abnormalies and healed up after a week or so.

Comment

You'll go blind if you keep it up!

Comment

Doesn't look like staph to me. I think you got something in it, it got irritated to the point of pain and ****, you relieved it and now it's on its way to recovery. Looks to natural to be staph. It it starts to fester up again, I'd get it checked out. I'm not a Dr. but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night.

Comment

I don't give medical advice but I had something very similar about a week ago. I cut the top layer of skin off and poked around in the hole with my dirty pocket knife looking for a sticker or some other bit of foreign material. I did not find anything visible but it has now healed.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                          I don't give medical advice but I had something very similar about a week ago. I cut the top layer of skin off and poked around in the hole with my dirty pocket knife looking for a sticker or some other bit of foreign material. I did not find anything visible but it has now healed.
                          This is usually my plan of attack....

Comment

I would pop in and see Beth at the COB Clinic.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                              Not a doc, but have had some sores very similar in the past, most came from getting a piece of metal shaving in there. Usually cleared mine up about the same way.

same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X