• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was needed for sure. Mesquites should not turn yellow in June

Potential freak in the making:
    Attached Files

Comment

I haven't checked on this thread in a few months. You are doing an awesome job at getting your place the way you want it!! I wish I had a big pice of ground to play on! I'm looking forward to seeing what the fall has in-store for you.

Comment

Looking good.

I hunt a small place southwest of Santa Anna, about 250 acres. The last couple years I've run 5 corn feeders year round and have been disappointed with the numbers this last year. I gave it a rest but I'm about to throw a couple of protein feeders out I found a deal on, we'll see if that helps. I know its kinda late, but better late than never I suppose. Its looking green around our place right now, better than I've seen in years. Hope this semi wet weather pattern continues. I plan on running the tc's on trails more this year and hunting away from feeders more, though feeders will still have their place keeping the does there. Probably set soms cams mid july. May try the red chain you speak of, sounds like you've done some research and field testing.

Comment

looking good !! following....

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
            I haven't checked on this thread in a few months. You are doing an awesome job at getting your place the way you want it!! I wish I had a big pice of ground to play on! I'm looking forward to seeing what the fall has in-store for you.
            Thank you! If I can keep water around it should be a decent year.

Originally posted by bigmike585 View Post
            Looking good.

I hunt a small place southwest of Santa Anna, about 250 acres. The last couple years I've run 5 corn feeders year round and have been disappointed with the numbers this last year. I gave it a rest but I'm about to throw a couple of protein feeders out I found a deal on, we'll see if that helps. I know its kinda late, but better late than never I suppose. Its looking green around our place right now, better than I've seen in years. Hope this semi wet weather pattern continues. I plan on running the tc's on trails more this year and hunting away from feeders more, though feeders will still have their place keeping the does there. Probably set soms cams mid july. May try the red chain you speak of, sounds like you've done some research and field testing.
            From what I have been hearing southern Coleman county's numbers have gone down some. Hopefully it comes back, and the rain yall have been getting down there should help out!

Good luck to you. I dont really have a preference of one brand of protein over another. They fed Antlers Plus here for 7 years before I got it. However, going through 400# a week right now it sure is nice to buy $9.65/bag vs. $12.50/bag.

Comment

Had to unclog and fill 4 feeders after the rain. No complaining here though.
              Attached Files

Comment

What type of Red Chain protein are you feeding? I put out a mix of 17%, Peanut Meal, and Deer Krave this weekend out by Brady.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                  What type of Red Chain protein are you feeding? I put out a mix of 17%, Peanut Meal, and Deer Krave this weekend out by Brady.
                  17%.

I might bump it to 20% if we have a hard winter, but otherwise the 17% works just fine.

Let me know how well they like the deer krave. I saw a sample of it, is it a textured feed?

Comment

What's a textured feed? It's pellets, like the other stuff.Smells really good and sounds cool so i added a couple of bags to the mix to check it out. Red Chain hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                      What's a textured feed? It's pellets, like the other stuff.Smells really good and sounds cool so i added a couple of bags to the mix to check it out. Red Chain hasn't steered me wrong yet.
                      I thought it was a meal type feed. I must not have been looking at what I though I was looking at

Comment

No, it's pellets. Maybe you saw the crushed beet pulp mix stuff. Looks pretty interesting as well, but i passed on that.

Comment

Just stumbled upon this thread today. Subscribed.

Comment

First fawn of the year in the front yard.
                            Attached Files

Comment

How rain did you get Sippy, I head some parts of Coleman Co . Got 3in. My folks in brown Co. said we got 1.5 in

Comment

Originally posted by Gayland Emerson View Post
                                How rain did you get Sippy, I head some parts of Coleman Co . Got 3in. My folks in brown Co. said we got 1.5 in
                                Rain gauge said 4/10". It does have a crack in it though, so ill say a little more

I was certain there was going to be an inch or more in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X