No announcement yet.

2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I can gather, doesn't look like Curtis has ever had a .308 bolt face long action for sale, other than maybe a demo model, looks like long action magnum actions were available March 1st, since mine was based on 280AI, I'm not expecting a call before August.

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
    I think I will be way down the line. Something tells me all the 6.5’s will be rolling out together.

Comment

They don't even have my barrel yet .22 creed. Probably be one of the last.....

Comment

To all those speculating about how long it will take to get their rifle through this deal, let me put something in perspective for ya. . .

At least you got to participate!! I got screwed by life yet again and couldn’t play so at least you aren’t in my boat!!

I just have to drool over everyone else’s bad *** stuff.

Anyway, carry on with the gun pern...

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I wasn’t complaining, or at least didn’t mean to sound like it. As much as I would love to have my rifle tomorrow, rifle season is still like 5 months away so I’m good with waiting for now

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
            I wasn’t complaining, or at least didn’t mean to sound like it. As much as I would love to have my rifle tomorrow, rifle season is still like 5 months away so I’m good with waiting for now

Maybe complaining was a strong word. No worries bud just sharing my disappointment lol

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
              Maybe complaining was a strong word. No worries bud just sharing my disappointment lol

Sierracharlie out…
              Haha I’m with you, I missed out on the first special APR ran for TBH. You’ll just have to be sure to jump on the next one

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                Yes sir, I believe I’m in the same boat. What did you order?
                300wsm

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
                  They don't even have my barrel yet .22 creed. Probably be one of the last.....
                  Barrel is just .22 caliber, depending on twist probably not an issue but the reamer probably only hold up if that.

Comment

Carried mine 200 miles to and from the woods yesterday. Chainsaw and tractor work got in the way and never shot it

Comment

I can't wait to get the call for my 6.5 man bun to be ready

Comment

Yep, you guys with the "6.5 man buns" (thanks for the laugh Craig) will be getting yours first most likely. This is probably a good time for an update. What is that saying about the best laid plans......

We had originally planned on running them through in batches as we originally laid out in the projected schedule. For several reasons spelled out in the original post this was the best approach. That was obviously based on our vendors sticking to the schedule, which mostly happened, except for actions and a few barrels. It seems like the dates keep getting pushed out on longs and short mags. I have been assured that we will have the long and short mag bolt faces by the end of this week. That does leave out the standard bolt face long actions. I am awaiting the latest update on those and will post here as soon as I get that info. I don't want to guess at it.

In the meantime, we have begun pushing the shorts out at each available opportunity and you should see those popping up with more frequency as the week progresses. We know you guys are ready to get these things in hand, and we want you guys to KNOW that these builds will be high priority when the overdue components arrive. At this point in the schedule, we aren't even going to attempt to "batch" anything. We'll be pushing them through with the regular scheduled builds as parts arrive to minimize any further delays.

Thanks,
                        Robert
                        Alamo Precision Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          Thanks gents30mm hd5. 3x15x44 sitting on seekins.

I'll add this is the first set of seekins I've had. I looked at many. One said they didn't have to be lapped and I can't remember who. these had to be and it took a little more umph than usual. I guess it's the coating
                          This is very unusual in my experience. They are one of the few that we trust to be true by the very nature of the way they are made. How much conact were you seeing before they were lapped?

-Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                            Yep, you guys with the "6.5 man buns" (thanks for the laugh Craig) will be getting yours first most likely. This is probably a good time for an update. What is that saying about the best laid plans......

We had originally planned on running them through in batches as we originally laid out in the projected schedule. For several reasons spelled out in the original post this was the best approach. That was obviously based on our vendors sticking to the schedule, which mostly happened, except for actions and a few barrels. It seems like the dates keep getting pushed out on longs and short mags. I have been assured that we will have the long and short mag bolt faces by the end of this week. That does leave out the standard bolt face long actions. I am awaiting the latest update on those and will post here as soon as I get that info. I don't want to guess at it.

In the meantime, we have begun pushing the shorts out at each available opportunity and you should see those popping up with more frequency as the week progresses. We know you guys are ready to get these things in hand, and we want you guys to KNOW that these builds will be high priority when the overdue components arrive. At this point in the schedule, we aren't even going to attempt to "batch" anything. We'll be pushing them through with the regular scheduled builds as parts arrive to minimize any further delays.

Thanks,
                            Robert
                            Alamo Precision Rifles
                            Thanks for the update Robert!

Anxiously waiting!

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                              This is very unusual in my experience. They are one of the few that we trust to be true by the very nature of the way they are made. How much conact were you seeing before they were lapped?

-Robert
                              Very VERY little.

Like I said it was as if it was the coating they have. I might have been able to slide 2 sheets of notebook paper under one. Contact was happening on the sides and leaving a gap in the "belly" of the ring

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                Very VERY little.

Like I said it was as if it was the coating they have. I might have been able to slide 2 sheets of notebook paper under one. Contact was happening on the sides and leaving a gap in the "belly" of the ring
                                Well, dang it. Glad you got it sorted out. Too late now obviously, but I bet they would have sent a replacement set. I'm going to keep my eyes on the next few sets now.

Comment

Working...
                                X