No announcement yet.

General Season and Day Light Savings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't mess with the clocks on our timers when the time changes. It makes no difference. The only thing we will do is periodically make slight changes to the feeding times to take into consideration the days getting shorter as we move into the fall.

As far as hunting goes. I hunt a ton of mornings in bow season prior to the time change. Once the time changes, I start hunting more evenings considering the evening hunt starts and ends earlier in the day (based on my wrist watch). I don't mind getting up at 5:00 a.m., but once that time changes, I can't stand getting up at 4:00 a.m. for the same hunt.

Comment

��

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
        This needs to be explained??
        I agree. What’s the explanation? Just change them Saturday evening after you hunt. Done

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
          We don't mess with the clocks on our timers when the time changes. It makes no difference. The only thing we will do is periodically make slight changes to the feeding times to take into consideration the days getting shorter as we move into the fall.
          ^^This^^

I like my feeders to go off in the morning just when it gets light enough to see well. Also set them for early in the afternoon so if I shoot an animal I can track it before dark.

Comment

I have this saved on my ranch packing list. “Always set feeders 25 minutes before sunrise. Sunrise changes by 23 minutes every 30 days.” I make adjustments to feeding times during the season.

Comment

Originally posted by BonesandArrow View Post
              I have this saved on my ranch packing list. “Always set feeders 25 minutes before sunrise. Sunrise changes by 23 minutes every 30 days.” I make adjustments to feeding times during the season.
              That is good information right there!

Comment

Deer don’t tell time

Comment

You are way overthinking this...

Comment

This cracks me up ever year

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by NBK75 View Post
                        That is good information right there!
                        It is all about your feeder going off at the perfect time, so the deer will start eating while they look like shadows, get comfortable, and have an arrow flung at them early in the morning.

Comment

I have already changed mine for the sunrise/sunset for October 1. I never change the times on my feeder. Just adjust my feed times.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                            This is why Arizona got rid of daylight savings time. The deer just couldn't adjust.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
                            🤣🤣🤣

I can't... I just can't...

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                              Who will change the deers watch?
                              The deer got to do it themselves...but you can text, tweet, FB, and email them reminders.

Comment

Not this again.... lmao!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X