Who all stays in blind ALL day long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
    No, half he fun of going to the lease is being with buddies that I never see otherwise.
    Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
    Never have and never will. I like to be back in camp eating breakfast by 10, quite possibly a nap and catch some college football before the evening hunt.
    This!

I usually can't wait to get back to camp!

Love to hunt but I love even more just being at the lease! My time to unplug!

Comment

If you have the time it is well worth it. Did it in Africa and shot the biggest buck to date in Iowa last year.

Comment

Not opposed to sitting in the blind all day but I would have to have something to do to occupy my mind when nothing is coming under the feeder.

Comment

I do it quite a bit, especially away from home. Why sit at the camphouse, the deer are not there. I always have plenty of water and some trail mix to tide me over. I've seen lots of deer mid day during November.

Comment

I've done it a handful of times. In my experience I've seen deer throughout the day but never anything that made the sit "worth it" during the times I have. Granted I could see myself doing it on the right property with the right weather (i.e rut in South Texas)

Other than that I'm out of the blind in enough time to grab breakfast

Comment

In the deerstand from 30 min before light to 30 min after dark. Bring a sandwich and some snickers with me. Nothing better than 30 degrees and just waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                No, half he fun of going to the lease is being with buddies that I never see otherwise.
                Same here. I go to the lease to hang out and drink beer. I'm not that mad at them. Heck, I will only hunt in the mornings if my son hasn't shot anything.

Comment

If the weather is good I'll do it. Nice hoodie weather with low winds and it's a good time.

Comment

only managed to do it once. I'm not that patient

Comment

yep, if the conditions are right. I sat all day in freezing weather in Ohio, because the deer were all over me. Never saw a shooter though.
                      I've also sat all night to hunt hogs. I won't do that anymore. My tired behind gots to get rest!

Comment

During the rut or other odd conditions, yes. Any other time, nope.

Comment

In rut, or if I keep seeing steady activity but once it really slows down... I go fish or ranch chores

Comment

I did it for six days in a row when I hunted in Canada. There they take you out in the dark and don't pick you until it is dark. You are alone all day with nothing but your thoughts and your first thought is I hope they remember where they dropped me off.

Comment

I can't make myself do it. I'd bet that less than 1% of my mature buck pics are between 10a-3p, just not enough of a chance to make me sit there all day.

If I rifle hunted I might be more inclined to sit, but not with a bow.

Comment

Some of y'all have the patience of a concrete statue. Not me. After about 10:30AM I climb out of the blind and spot and stalk until either lunch time or I shoot something.

Comment

Working...
                                X