Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

impressive...hope you get him.

Comment

He's a dang good looking deer, the key is going to be getting him to stick around once those bachelor group split. Are you feeding protein now? I went ahead and changed my gravity feeder to corn 2 weeks ago as they seem to like it more in the early fall than the protein- One thing is for sure, the deer in NE TX aren't real easy to pattern.

Comment

Feeding protein and have 2 spinners with corn going too. He usually hits the protein and a spinner when he shows up. been having good luck with him on the hand corn too.
        Last edited by jshouse; 08-20-2013, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Very cool stuff. I'll be following along.

Comment

here are a few updated pics, not much going on out there right but filling feeders, the plot is done, we sprayed it a few weeks ago now just waiting on some rain to get the fall plot in, it will probably be after bow season opens. i am going to try to wait till i kill the big deer or he runs away with my soul again.

i did hang my tree stand yesterday on the southwest end of the plot and brushed in a pop up on the northwest side of the plot.

this is the pop up from a spot i have been hand corning, there is a feeder straight out in front, this spot is to your left and i have another hand corn spot to the right of it.

the tree stand

chum pile on a trail to the feeders off to the left when you are sitting in the stand, getting a bunch of pics of the big deer right there

small chum pile to the right

and feeders back behind me off to the left a bit

the big one is pretty much finished out, i love the tine length and MB's in this pic

from 1.5 year old to 6.5 year old

new 10 pt that showed up a few weeks ago, no more pics of him since though

deer on some hand corn

that 10 above is a buck i have seen for 3 years now too, 5.5 year old, looks like a baby next to the big one.

just gonna fill the feeders and watch the pics the next few weeks and try to decide of going in early in the morning will kill that deer. he shows up a few times a week around 5am, so that is kind of scaring me away from morning hunts but i will see what he is doing closer to the opener.

Comment

Looks like a great setup. Man those bucks have some big bellies on them. I'll expect some LDP's on the 28th!

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                Looks like a great setup. Man those bucks have some big bellies on them. I'll expect some LDP's on the 28th!
                thank you sir, you and me both! you like that goat weed plot in the background? hopefully next spring i wont have as much trouble with that stuff.

Comment

what a toad, good luck this year

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    thank you sir, you and me both! you like that goat weed plot in the background? hopefully next spring i wont have as much trouble with that stuff.
                    Man I have it too and its hard to get rid of. You can kill it but as soon as you plow again more seeds germinate. I need a no-till drill.

Comment

Good looking deer, I hope he stays fat and lazy in his old age and you get to knock him over. Seems like you're definitely due as much work as you've put in over the last couple of years.

Comment

That one is a BRUTE! Best of luck, hope you get him!

Comment

thanks guys, its been a long year...lol

Comment

Awesome story! I've got two I'm chasing as well. Much luck too you. I will be tuned in

Comment

Just awesome! Hope you get your hands on him soon, will be looking foward to LDP's!

Comment

Good luck, very nice deer and place!

Comment

Working...
                                X