• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds good

Comment

Best guisada ever. I probably used 1 too many serranos

Comment

I have officially hurt myself. Cant quit eating this mexican manna from heaven

Comment

Don't know why I have never done this before. Made some today and it was awesome.

Comment

I make it with back strap it's so good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Carne guisada one of my favs!

Comment

Sounds good

Comment

Wth....He sees carne guisada and just goes on assuming

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Im craving this so bad now

Comment

Carne guisada

First, I'd like to thank the OP for sharing this recipe. It made me think I could finally make CG.
                      I Made a second batch today. Left out tomato paste. I also used 3 jalapeƱos instead of Serrano peppers this time. Then I added 2 tsp of ground cayenne pepper to it. I think it's gonna have a little more zip to it this batch.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0419.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	24494024

Finished product
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0420.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	24494025

Comment

Putting this in freezer meal rotation

Originally posted by ACWMHunter View Post
                        I agree with the crock pot version, other than I put it all together and start it that morning, then it has ALL DAY to simmer....and requires VERY LITTLE thickening. I add very little liquid (except for venison)...just use about 1/2 cup of water and some beef boullion cubes. To me, it's even better letting it cool overnight. It 'soaks' up the seasoning, thickens while cooling, and what little grease comes to the top and 'hardens' for easy removal. Ive done it with pork, chicken....even venison hamb/chili meat works great! I've found the best is made with either a sirloin, or a sirloin tip roast.

Dang...Im gettin HUNGRY!!! Where ARE the tortillas?
                        Good lookin on the bumps.

My go to mexican food meal but Ive never made it. I like Daves take on night-before prep, overnight marinading and crockpotin and ACWMs all meats mentality. Ill have to reduce the spicyness to get the kiddos to eat it. The wife will like the electronic pressure cooker option.

Im all about leftovers of deliciousness. Whatever doesnt get eaten will be frozen in ball jars.

As an alternative for the prepper/busy folk... we prep 30-60 freezer meals in ziploc bags and pullout in the morning to defrost in the crockpot while cooking on low or last minute throwing in the electronic pressure cooker frozen. No thawing necessary. Everything marinades whilst freezing, frozen and on the thaw. However the meat is more tender if thawed prior to cooking.

Comment

Carne guisada is one of my favorites. I always make a big pot, eat on it for days, put it on everything- tacos, nachos, baked potatoes, over rice, tacos, scrambled eggs, tacos......

Comment

This is one of my all time favorite meals.

Comment

I still need to do this one.

Comment

Making some now to feed some folks at work tomorrow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X