Politics Shmolotics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
    Starting to see why none of our Rice grads ever work out.
    Lmao

Comment

I follow your thought process from a macro level. Just keep in mind political fallout and outcome are local........or micro. Yes, the BAKER INSTITUTE is absolutely incredible........heck, Rice University is incredible! The world is changing at the speed of light........and going to get even faster. Every corner of the world now affects the most powerful nations on the globe to some extent or another. All action now truly causes a reaction, if folks like it or not. I tend to look at issues from a 30k foot level.......but clearly understand that the outcome is what truly matters (rubber meets the road).........and the actions taken towards those outcomes is what affects us thru taxes/security/monitoring/etc.
      Anybody with a brain knows that Kings, Counts, Barons, Knights, Serfs, and Peasants still exist.........even in the good ole USA. Ask the right questions and I am sure you will be very successful in whatever direction you proceed with your studies!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        I follow your thought process from a macro level. Just keep in mind political fallout and outcome are local........or micro. Yes, the BAKER INSTITUTE is absolutely incredible........heck, Rice University is incredible! The world is changing at the speed of light........and going to get even faster. Every corner of the world now affects the most powerful nations on the globe to some extent or another. All action now truly causes a reaction, if folks like it or not. I tend to look at issues from a 30k foot level.......but clearly understand that the outcome is what truly matters (rubber meets the road).........and the actions taken towards those outcomes is what affects us thru taxes/security/monitoring/etc.
        Anybody with a brain knows that Kings, Counts, Barons, Knights, Serfs, and Peasants still exist.........even in the good ole USA. Ask the right questions and I am sure you will be very successful in whatever direction you proceed with your studies!
        Absolutely no surprise that you agree with the OP. Rest assured the majority of us do not want the same outcomes that y'all do.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
          Absolutely no surprise that you agree with the OP. Rest assured the majority of us do not want the same outcomes that y'all do.
          The lack of 7th grade reading comprehensive is shocking in the 21st Century! I took zero stance and never discussed outcomes??? I did agree that Rice is an outstanding institution....maybe u got my post confused with another one, dislexic maybe? Dementia? Try again.[emoji53]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            jerp nailed it. They don't want the same things at all. One side wants equal outcomes, decided upon by a controlling government ruling class. There's not a lot of liberty in that approach. The other side wants the liberty of equal opportunity that can only occur through freedom from an oppressive government.

Those are not two ways to achieve the same thing. They're opposites and mutually exclusive.

But if "both sides" means the Democrat party and the Republican party establishments, then I'll agree that they both do want the same thing. They want government control over everything, and they only fight with each other over who gets the power.
            And I agree with this and twice on Sundays!!!

Comment

The lack of 7th grade reading comprehensive is shocking in the 21st Century! I took zero stance and never discussed outcomes??? I did agree that Rice is an outstanding institution....maybe u got my post confused with another one, dislexic maybe? Dementia? Try again.[emoji53]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have seen some of your positions in the past and know what you meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodrunner View Post
                That's cool man. We can disagree on things.

Do you have a particular issue you can point out that would prove otherwise?
                Jerp pretty much spelled it out. I'm not sure that pointing out any one incident would sway things either way for you, if you truly believe that both the left and right thinkers want to derive at the same outcome..it will be just that for any case made.

Comment

And I agree with this and twice on Sundays!!!
                  Put me in this philosophy also.

Comment

I’m thinking everyone here is being trolled for some class project

Don’t fall for it.

Also, I’m not sure why seeing political people of importance makes someone at a place more relevant to speak about politics. I’ve been around a lot of politicians. It doesn’t make me any more credible.

But again this is probably a thread just to gather your uneducated bias.

Comment

Politics Shmolotics

WORD!!!!!
                      And your reading skills are fine..
                      And after 8 years of Barry's dismal economic policies I'll promise you he is loving todays stock market but I'll garauntee you can't find a single post, that he made, giving Trump any credit for it..
                      Last edited by PondPopper; 12-19-2017, 10:41 PM.

Comment

I have seen some of your positions in the past and know what you meant.

Well heck, spell them out! I can guarantee you that your understanding of my position of politics is extremely flawed. I don't join bandwagons....on either side. I will wait!!!!
                        Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                        I’m thinking everyone here is being trolled for some class project

Don’t fall for it.

Also, I’m not sure why seeing political people of importance makes someone at a place more relevant to speak about politics. I’ve been around a lot of politicians. It doesn’t make me any more credible.

But again this is probably a thread just to gather your uneducated bias.
                        Heck, if it is class project that is even better. We assist TBHers with high school kids projects all the time. Just maybe with some deeper insight some type of understanding can be gained based on this demographic. Maybe not, but it is called education for a reason.
                        Last edited by Landrover; 12-20-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          WORD!!!!!
                          And your reading skills are fine..
                          And after 8 years of Barry's dismal economic policies I'll promise you he is loving todays stock market but I'll garauntee you can't find a single post, that he made, giving Trump any credit for it..
                          LMAO............we surely know your reading is critically flawed for YEARS!!! Heck, it is on dang near LIFE SUPPORT!!!
                          I have given OUR president recognition on quite a few positive actions. Gorsuch, new tax code, military refit..........guess what? You Lose......all credit given here on TBH!
                          Now your turn, instead of typing hype and attempting to find negative discord on TBH, go back and read some of the threads.
                          Oh, I will wait on MY quotes attributed to me flaming President Trump. Anytime, I will wait! Just FACTS please, not what you want to "feel" I think or what I mean......(that's what liberals deux)........come on, bring it! I am excited to see what you come up with!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                            Starting to see why none of our Rice grads ever work out.

I was thinking it...but you said it. Lol

Comment

LMAO............we surely know your reading is critically flawed for YEARS!!! Heck, it is on dang near LIFE SUPPORT!!!
                              I have given OUR president recognition on quite a few positive actions. Gorsuch, new tax code, military refit..........guess what? You Lose......all credit given here on TBH!
                              Now your turn, instead of typing hype and attempting to find negative discord on TBH, go back and read some of the threads.
                              Oh, I will wait on MY quotes attributed to me flaming President Trump. Anytime, I will wait! Just FACTS please, not what you want to "feel" I think or what I mean......(that's what liberals deux)........come on, bring it! I am excited to see what you come up with!!!!
                              Ive always considered you TBH's official black conservative voice.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                                Ive always considered you TBH's official black conservative voice.
                                LOL.........I guess that is a compliment. I am just a American guy with conservative leanings that has a "unique" view at both sides of a coin. Not only from a race perspective but also a business, corporate and social standpoint. For some archaic reason there a handful of TBHer's that are stuck in the mid 20th Century. They believe a person must be in a specific bucket based on their own stagnant environment & experiences........rather sad when you think about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X