Mechanic Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
    Did you try the ole starting fluid or whatever spray in various spots and see if the idle fluctuates.... helps you find your leak. That's what I always do to find leaks.

Ryan
    This would be very wise to do as well!! wd40 works also.

Comment

SMOKE
      In this video I show you how I constructed my own DIY Smoke Machine out of a paint can, a propane regulator, tiki torch wicks, and some Kanthal wire. This i...

Comment

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
        This would be very wise to do as well!! wd40 works also.
        Yes sir, I have gone through about 4 cans lol

Comment

I would double check the throttle cable, sounds like it's kinked or hung up some how.

Comment

smoke test it

Popular Mechanics’s automotive experts outline the tools and techniques proven to smoke out even the toughest to find vacuum leaks.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
              I would double check the throttle cable, sounds like it's kinked or hung up some how.
              This or the TPS is nit bolted right

Comment

Ok. Cables are good. Both have slack when let off. Checked the TPS position its good. This thing has me stumped!!!!!! I have asked several mechanic buddies and no one can figure this out. I dont get it.....

Comment

Did you do any kind of TPS relearn? Looks like procedured vary based on year. ( cable vs wire etc )

Comment

Looks like may need to do tps relearn

PCM Diagnostics & Tuning - How to reset/relearn TPS????? - I know this is simple, but I can't remember the sequence. I had to make a manual throttle/idle adjustment on my throttle body (1998 style LS1 cable throttle). I actually had it open by 1% at all times so it wasn't ever going to total idle control. I have it...

Apparently its different than with our Tahoe, but same concept

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                      Looks like may need to do tps relearn

PCM Diagnostics & Tuning - How to reset/relearn TPS????? - I know this is simple, but I can't remember the sequence. I had to make a manual throttle/idle adjustment on my throttle body (1998 style LS1 cable throttle). I actually had it open by 1% at all times so it wasn't ever going to total idle control. I have it...

Apparently its different than with our Tahoe, but same concept
                      No sir, I have not tried this one but will. I greatly appreciate any and all the help all of you have provided so far. This one has stumped several of us.

Comment

Make sure to ck the ground wires at tstat housing. Recommend cutting and installing new eyelet terminal to this. When you pulled the intake did you remove the injectors out of their respective ports?

Comment

No sir, didnt mess with the injectors at all. Left them in place.. Checked the ground there and the 2 on the back on the motor and all are hooked up.

Comment

Originally posted by 540 MM View Post
                            Make sure to ck the ground wires at tstat housing. Recommend cutting and installing new eyelet terminal to this. When you pulled the intake did you remove the injectors out of their respective ports?

Doesn’t that truck have a spider injection setup? I didn’t think you could remove the individual injectors on that.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                              Doesn’t that truck have a spider injection setup? I didn’t think you could remove the individual injectors on that.
                              Yes sir, has the “spider” injectors. I did not remove these just the housing and replaced the gaskets with new ones.

Comment

Anyone else with some ideas??? I have hit a wall mentally on this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X