Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats My Fav been useing for years ...EASY

Like Leddog said..Fiesta brand
    Last edited by cva34; 09-23-2017, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Copy - paste - save.

Cant believe I missed this............

Comment

Favorite breakfast tacos carne guisada with cheese. Gonna have to try this with some venison tomorrow

Comment

Going to make this in the crock pot tomorrow. Is the Fiesta brand Carne Guisada seasoning the way to go?

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
            Going to make this in the crock pot tomorrow. Is the Fiesta brand Carne Guisada seasoning the way to go?

Anyone have thoughts on following the full recipe or going with the carne guisada seasoning route?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

seems legit

Comment

From watching too much Food Network and The Cooking Channel..after browning the meat, I'd leave a bit of the fat in the pan and the add the chili power and cumin first. Let them cook for a minute or two to release their flavors, then add the chopped peppers with the salt and pepper for a couple of minutes then the garlic for no more than a minute (so it won't burn and get bitter), then the tomato paste (if used) for a minute to cook off the canned flavor and then add the broth and water last.

From watching cooking shows I learned that spices like cumin and chili powders are oil soluble and not water soluble so if you add them with the broth they never have a chance to "bloom" and release their flavors. If was skeptical but tried it with a Spicy Moroccan stew my wife likes and it did make a big difference.

Either way, it sounds great and I'm planning to make a big batch of this for our next lunch-n-learn for my guys at work!

Comment

I usually search the net for recipes, but lately I search here first. Making this tomorrow!

Comment

I added a can of beer. I'm also using Hatch peppers diced.

Here's the start of crock pot carne.
                    Attached Files

Comment

^^^ this looks tasty^^^

Are those bags made for crock pots? Where can they be found?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                        ^^^ this looks tasty^^^

I think in the store where they sell the crockpots or by the baggie section sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I make mine in an electric pressure cooker. No long wait for greatness.

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to post the finished meal. Everyone was so hungry that's all we could think of - eating! We served 7 people dinner and there wasn't any leftovers. I used 3.5 pound beef roast.

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                            ^^^ this looks tasty^^^

I LOVE cooking with a crock pot with these Crock Pot Liners! As long as you are careful not to puncture the bag, after you serve your dish, you can pull the bag out and drain the juices or just tie it up and then wipe out the pot! Easy peezy, lemon squeezy.

Like said before, they are over where the oven bags, foil, plastic wraps are.

Comment

Carne Guisada is amazing. I will have to try this recipe. I have a quick and dirty one I stumbled across and use with hog round steaks.

Taco seasoning (1/4 cup/#)
                              Sliced yellow or white onion (1/#)
                              Small can of rotel (1/#)

Throw ingredients in croc pot, add enough water to cover and let her rip on low all day.

Comment

made today turn out great. thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                                X