Ran across a piece of my bowhunting past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ran across a piece of my bowhunting past

Doing some cleanup at work and brought home a box of stuff I have had packed away for some time. Started going thru it to throw away stuff that needed throwing away and ran across this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190903_192321.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	25189274

This was the first place that I paid to go hunt at when I first got into bow hunting over 30 years ago. Didn't kill anything but saw lots of deer and turkeys. Those were exciting times...How many others on here went there over the years.

Several of us Bay City guys Leased Part of Ranch back behind his house bordered by the LLano river...It was a great lease it was only 350 back then the fst 2 years..Then Jumped to 750 and we left..I heard a bunch of Lou oil guys leased and Slaughtered it..Got run off..Then it turned into a Day Lease....Sorry I can't DATE this....

Comment

I’ve had the pleasure of being all over it, but never hunted it. Beautiful property. We always saw some great deer out there.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

My son and some of his friends hunted it several years ago.

Comment

I’m pretty sure I hunted there once, a loooooong time ago!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Cool piece

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                I’ve had the pleasure of being all over it, but never hunted it. Beautiful property. We always saw some great deer out there.
                Same here. Me and my best buddy worked for Homer the summer after I graduated high school. We filled feeders, general maintenance stuff, but mostly drank beer! Saw a lot of cool wildlife out there.

Comment

I bow hunted Homers place in the early 90's.. There was some great deer on his place back then..

Comment

I hunted there in the mid 90s with a group of fire-fighters from Bryan and College Station. Great place!

Comment

Enjoyed going there for several years. Lots of good times when my boys were growing up.

Comment

Hunted there several years in the late 90's. We always enjoyed his place.

Comment

Homer’s was great. That was our first year there, that is actually me and “Bish” 4th and 5th from the left. Our group hunted every year till they went to the corporate lease.

Jimbow

Comment

Always cool to run across something like that to bring back goo memories.

Comment

That place was awesome! Good memories were made there. I was disappointed when they stopped day hunts.

Comment

Working...
                              X