No announcement yet.

Official Davy Crockett 2016-17 national forest hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice bucks!! Yesterday I did not see a thing in Alabama Creek area except for the doe that I pushed walking in.

Comment

Any luck this eve? Dieing to get back out there this weekend. Any locals have any advice or timing?

Comment

Or, anyone seeing lots of ground scrapes? They're tending them daily on our place. Cousin of mine went down there this morning and said he saw 6 different bucks whilst driving around taking care of the cattle. From his description of the sighting locations, it sounds like they're all tending scape lines that I've found so far this year.

Side note, got my go pro working again and I'll have some video of this coming weekends hunt. My fiance and I are hunting over two big scrape lines on private just adjacent to the Davy.

She doesn't know yet but I plan to propose this season as soon as she gets her buck (it will be her first). Points don't count unless you can put a ring on it I'll be kneeling behind her when she turns around so nervous but excited!

Comment

Originally posted by snikrah View Post
          Or, anyone seeing lots of ground scrapes? They're tending them daily on our place. Cousin of mine went down there this morning and said he saw 6 different bucks whilst driving around taking care of the cattle. From his description of the sighting locations, it sounds like they're all tending scape lines that I've found so far this year.

Side note, got my go pro working again and I'll have some video of this coming weekends hunt. My fiance and I are hunting over two big scrape lines on private just adjacent to the Davy.

She doesn't know yet but I plan to propose this season as soon as she gets her buck (it will be her first). Points don't count unless you can put a ring on it I'll be kneeling behind her when she turns around so nervous but excited!
          Congrats! That's the way to do it!

And on the scrapes.. I've seen a few but most have looked like a one and done kind of thing. Haven't seen one that has been hit more than once. Yet anyways. I have a spot staked out that had 6 bucks in 4 days hit the same rub 5 during daylight so that's where I'll be. Have to put a ground blind in as its extremely thick. Hope I don't bust them out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
            Congrats! That's the way to do it!

And on the scrapes.. I've seen a few but most have looked like a one and done kind of thing. Haven't seen one that has been hit more than once. Yet anyways. I have a spot staked out that had 6 bucks in 4 days hit the same rub 5 during daylight so that's where I'll be. Have to put a ground blind in as its extremely thick. Hope I don't bust them out.

Thanks and Good luck, I'm going to try a drag and some early season estrus to see if I can get any reaults. I'll also try to have the real proposal on video if it goes down this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by snikrah View Post
              Thanks and Good luck, I'm going to try a drag and some early season estrus to see if I can get any reaults. I'll also try to have the real proposal on video if it goes down this weekend
              Howdy! There are scrapes everywhere around here. Acorns of every kind but those whiteoaks are special. The spot where you shot the 160 incher should be smoking this year.

Yes I have some interesting deer around. Got a couple of really nice deer that are killable right now but holding out for one in particular.

Give me a yell if you need help.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post

Fify flash
                looks like they finnaly ate all the corn and mineral block

Comment

What do y'all think about rattling this weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

rattled some this past weekend. I tried to keep it light, more playful/sparring sounding,.Am I the only one, playing out a scene in my head when rattling, grunting? lol
                    I did not see anything. My brother had a small spike come up in ANF to rattling.

Comment

My experiences with rattling down there. Well not my experience as I've never tried it down there but on a cool morning I've heard 3 or 4 different people rattling way off in the distance. Could have been deer but I'm assuming people because of how frequent it was. So I look at it as the deer probably relate the rattle to people. Which I'm just babbling what do I know. All I know is I'd rather them come in not on full alert. I'll blow a grunt at them but I won't be tickling horns. Good luck everyone I'm headed down this weekend.

Comment

headed down next weekend, hopefully no one is in my spot.

Comment

Headed down in a few mins and I'll be in the stand in the am along with gf and a buddy. Heard a few fighting before in previous years and one confirmed sighting waking up a guest hunter of ours. Not sure on timing this early though. Anxious for the morning and hopefully I'll get to propose

Comment

Good luck! I'm pulling into our camp

Comment

I will leave the farm in Fairfield about 330 am and be in the forest up a tree by 530 wish me luck and I'm going to camp next to the pond around the horse trails.its by the bathroom if y'all want to stop by and shoot the ***** for a bit

Comment

Everything set and GoPro ready to go. Moon has already set past horizon. Should be a good morning. Sorry lol can't sleep after seeing what I saw last Sunday morning and not being able to shoot and getting her ring ready for the possible proposal in the morning. Mind is going 90 to nothing atm.

Comment

Working...
                                X