No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be curious to hear what you think on this: what is a 375 of eagle rare worth? I remember when it was 30 bucks at Hyvee (south Dakota) but it's been creeping to 40. I like it but that seems a little high.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
      I'd be curious to hear what you think on this: what is a 375 of eagle rare worth? I remember when it was 30 bucks at Hyvee (south Dakota) but it's been creeping to 40. I like it but that seems a little high.

Sure that’s not a 750?

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        Sure that’s not a 750?
        Whoops my bad, yes that would be for a 750.

Comment

I paid $24 for a 750 in Pasadena last year.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
            I paid $24 for a 750 in Pasadena last year.
            And to me that's where it was really great... 24-28 dollars. It's just moving up from there it seems...

Comment

And to me that's where it was really great... 24-28 dollars. It's just moving up from there it seems...

Yes sir it is. I passed up a bottle of Blantons for $70 this year. It’s just not worth it.

Comment

In the past two weeks I’ve seen Eagle Rare 750s for as high as $80. That was at a place off of Kirby and Alabama here in Houston. Lowest I saw lately until today was $35 so I bought it at $35. Today I saw 4 750s for $26 and a handle for $52 all at the same store. I didn’t buy any because I already have a bottle but I’m kind of kicking myself for not grabbing that big bottle. PM me if you want to know where. I doubt they’ll be there for long.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                  In the past two weeks I’ve seen Eagle Rare 750s for as high as $80. That was at a place off of Kirby and Alabama here in Houston. Lowest I saw lately until today was $35 so I bought it at $35. Today I saw 4 750s for $26 and a handle for $52 all at the same store. I didn’t buy any because I already have a bottle but I’m kind of kicking myself for not grabbing that big bottle. PM me if you want to know where. I doubt they’ll be there for long.
                  I'm in south Dakota so wherever it is would be quote the drive for me! But I'm definitely keeping an eye out for sub 30. I like to have a bottle on hand. It is the sweet spot for price for quality for me. I like it on the rocks, and a bottle lasts me long enough to be worth it.

Comment

One of the best values for sure, good daily drinker, but lacks a bit compared to some of my other favs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chase This is being a bad influence on me. I am now sipping some of that Eagle Rare neat, and it's nice. This from a Scotch man. Neat is the key here.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                        One of the best values for sure, good daily drinker, but lacks a bit compared to some of my other favs.

Maybe some day I'll have your budget
                        Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                        Chase This is being a bad influence on me. I am now sipping some of that Eagle Rare neat, and it's nice. This from a Scotch man. Neat is the key here.
                        I can't do that... Oh the rocks for me!

Comment

Enjoy! Good juice!

Comment

I ordered me a still today, going to try and make me some good whiskey, went first class, solid copper, can't wait to get started.

Comment

You might be in trouble now. I was a Scotch guy that got hooked on bourbon by starting with Eagle Rare based on a buddy's recommendation. Now I buy as much bourbon as I do Scotch.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post

It won my blind taste!

Comment

Working...
                                X