New Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bow

Pulled the trigger on a BowTech SR6 today. Coming from Hoyt I was set on the helix, just liked the overall feel of BowTech better. I shot a few different bows and the BowTech felt the best. Although I am a little down about the speed as it went 277 with 408gr arrow at 27.5dl and 66lbs in performance mode. Also Gateway Archery in Fort Worth did great. Everyone there was super helpful and knowledgeable. Best experience I have had at a bow shop

Nice congrats on the new bow.

Comment

Congratulations. Post pics once you have it loaded. Sight, rest?

Comment

Congratulations. Probably best bow I’ve shot yet.

Comment

Best part of it, you shot several and got to pick what felt best to you.
          You are getting plenty with 277 fps. My longbow does not get 185fps, and it is more then sufficient for hunting anything I want. Enjoy your new rig, and congrats.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks everyone. I think I was just expecting it to be faster since IBO is 352. Guess those cams dont perform like they are meant for at shorter DL

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
                Congratulations. Post pics once you have it loaded. Sight, rest?

Spott Hogg fast Eddie 3 pin slider.. qad rest.. bee stinger stabilizer

Comment

You gonna loose 35fps with your DL and DW

Another 25 for arrow weight
                  Plus string work... 5 ish

There’s 65ish FPS plus the % of false they all use now that 342ish. Gonna be about right in today’s advertising market

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    You gonna loose 35fps with your DL and DW

Another 25 for arrow weight
                    Plus string work... 5 ish

There’s 65ish FPS plus the % of false they all use now that 342ish. Gonna be about right in today’s advertising market
                    Do you think a #2 cam on a Hoyt 26-28dl that rotates more with shorter draw would not lose as much speed? I guess it doesn’t really matter now but just wondering.

Comment

Congrats on the new bow! Looks great!
                      Plenty fast for any hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by SpankyWF View Post
                        Do you think a #2 cam on a Hoyt 26-28dl that rotates more with shorter draw would not lose as much speed? I guess it doesn’t really matter now but just wondering.
                        Don’t know specs on that bow. But whatever it’s IBO speed is you can apply my same numbers to it set up apples to apples and add same 8-10 off that all inflate speed and get dang close to actual speed. If they advertise 12 FPS slower for example they will still be 12 slower

(Assuming you are on performance setting as well)

Comment

Good looking bow. I thought it would have an aggressive draw cycle by looking at the cams but it is surprisingly smooth. And Gateway is good people, always feels like home there. Congratulations, enjoy your bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus is Coming View Post
                            Good looking bow. I thought it would have an aggressive draw cycle by looking at the cams but it is surprisingly smooth. And Gateway is good people, always feels like home there. Congratulations, enjoy your bow.
                            Yes the draw was very nice. I never shot it in comfort mode and I don’t think I will

Comment

Good looking bow... my friend used to have one of this and i was able to use this while we are hunting and it has a very smooth draw cycle... congratulations for having a very nice bow.

Comment

Working...
                              X