hog processor/ Meridian Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hog processor/ Meridian Texas

Has anyone ever used the processor in Meridian to butcher a hog. I was given a show pig that weighs around pounds for free and this is the closest person to me.

We used the locker plant to do some Lake Whitney ferels a few years ago, no complaints.

Comment

I used them years ago for a show hog I bought off a kid. They did a good job. Not sure if its the same folks or not. If I remember right, it was mexican guy who owned it.
      Bacon was awesome
      Last edited by bullhead44; 03-01-2018, 10:29 AM.

Comment

I have enough confidence in them that they just did 2 yearlings for me . They do my deer processing to.

Comment

Took an axis and fallow there about a month ago. They stayed open late and postponed some pig processing to squeeze us in on a Saturday. They even opened up the back and showed inside the entire place. Great people who truly care about what they do.

Comment

Good folks. The Trujillos sold it a few years ago, but the new owner is taking the torch on pretty well. Do yourself a favor and feed it out for 30+ days. The paylene and meds in the show feed (not to mention the injectable meds it probably received) will make the meat taste bitter. You can maintain them pretty well (and cheap) with a cracked corn/milo mixture.

Comment

Just found out that the earliest I can get one in is at Springtown(next Tuesday). Every other place was at least a month and Meridian was not till May. Looks like all of the stock show animals have them busy.

Comment

Originally posted by ckat View Post
                Good folks. The Trujillos sold it a few years ago, but the new owner is taking the torch on pretty well. Do yourself a favor and feed it out for 30+ days. The paylene and meds in the show feed (not to mention the injectable meds it probably received) will make the meat taste bitter. You can maintain them pretty well (and cheap) with a cracked corn/milo mixture.
                Place was always rock solid. I haven’t tried it since it was sold but I hear it’s still dam good

Comment

Working...
                X