No announcement yet.

High fence ranch entrance ideas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone battle the settling problem with a connecting beam under the ground between the posts, instead of spanning over it? Of course it wont look as good as an arch.

Comment

Im looking for the same ideas right now

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
        Anyone battle the settling problem with a connecting beam under the ground between the posts, instead of spanning over it? Of course it wont look as good as an arch.
        I have not, but I can see a grade beam spanning from post pier to post pier working though. That would be better than not having them tied together.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          I have not, but I can see a grade beam spanning from post pier to post pier working though. That would be better than not having them tied together.
          This or if a cattle guard is involved, it could be used as the reinforcement... If it is not in the current thinking, it might be worthwhile considering putting one in just for that reason...

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
            Do you still think its a great price once you take the custom gate out of the equation?

Comment

Yeah, it just popped in my head while reading the last few posts here. Also brace posts on either side would help too. I have only built a couple of small gates though, so I'm not a fence/gate pro.

Ones with arches I have seen look good, but I can see sooner or later needing to move something tall through. Another alternative could be an auxiliary gate down the fence somewhere.
              Last edited by double bogey; 02-07-2018, 01:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                Do you still think its a great price once you take the custom gate out of the equation?
                If your not doing an "entry" as such, and just going with a TSC type gates, you can do it cheaper. I guess I really don't know what you have in mind.
                Last edited by Ironman; 02-07-2018, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                  Yeah, it just popped in my head while reading the last few posts here. Also brace posts on either side would help too. I have only built a couple of small gates though, so I'm not a fence/gate pro.

Ones with arches I have seen look good, but I can see sooner or later needing to move something tall through. Another alternative could be an auxiliary gate down the fence somewhere.
                  Yeah, if I need more than 16' height, I would just cut my barbed wire fence to let it in. I just can't think of ANYTHING that would cause that to happen, and I own large motor cranes that will fit through my entrance.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    This or if a cattle guard is involved, it could be used as the reinforcement... If it is not in the current thinking, it might be worthwhile considering putting one in just for that reason...
                    Absolutely on the cattle guard. I started to mention that, but didn't want to muddy the water.

Comment

You could do a slider fence gate. Manual or automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                        You could do a slider fence gate. Manual or automatic.
                        You could, but an 8' high slider would be pretty dang big.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                          if I remember correctly, you were dealing / managing a place with a HF in Dewitt County.
                          Is that where it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Kbar View Post
                            if I remember correctly, you were dealing / managing a place with a HF in Dewitt County.

Is that where it is?

No sir, unfortunately we don't hunt the place outside of Cuero anymore. This place is some family land that I inherited between Fredericksburg and Kerrville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep gate plain. Draws less attention.

Comment

Gotcha. Only know one person that would go there, but he is out of Burnett.
                                Nailhead Spur Company. Owner is Richard.

Comment

Working...
                                X