No announcement yet.

60# Bow Broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am shooting a 60 lb bow screwed down to about 62 lbs.......Rage 2 blade for me........Stryker or Slick Trick Magnums if I shoot fixed blades. Stryker on Bison and Elk......Slick Trick on almost anything smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
      If you want a good quick clean kill then it's more about shot placement then the type of broadhead.
      This

Comment

This season I shot and killed with NAP Shockwaves, Spitfire Maxx, Game Crusher mechanicals w 28/60. All short, extremely bloody trails. I got some Viper Tricks after season that are dead nuts w my mechs at 40+ yards.

Shot placement is the biggest factor in a quick,clean kill

Comment

I was all about Slick Tricks until earlier this year. My only complaint with them is that they don't have the best blood trails. They will absolutely do the job though if the arrow is placed right though. I switched to 100 grain Ram Cats and I love these broadheads so far. Shot a big 8 with one and the blood trail was fantastic. The hole it opened up reminded me of mechanicals but with the reliability of a fixed blade.

Comment

Slick Trick 100 gr mags. Fixed blade, fly true, i kill a lot of stuff with them. I killed a black bear, 3 whitetail, a 300lb boar, and much more with them in 2015. i shoot 60lbs out of a Mathews z7. Id say they work.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fergeris View Post
              Honestly man at 60# I'm still using a rage hypodermic so with that I would think whichever one you can get tuned
              +1

Comment

I'm in the pro-fixed blade crowd. Regardless of draw weight, I will shoot slick trick vipers. They fly well, penetrate extremely well, and are fool proof upon impact. I like to minimize the moving parts to just my bow. A good fixed blade that is well-tuned is a deadly thing.

Comment

I have always like the idea of fixed blades and have had good luck with magnus stinger buzzcuts but they lacked in the blood trail department. Although I watched everything I shot with them go down. I switched to ramcats this past season and I'm in love with them! Awesome flight and they really open the critters up good!

Comment

I have gotten to be a big fan of swhackers and rage extreme with a 2" cut or bigger. Makes possible questionable and marginal shots less questionable and marginal and makes a well placed shot absolutely devastating.

Comment

I'm shooting Muzzy Mx4 100 gr broad heads.

Comment

Muzzy MX3

Comment

55 pounds and shooting Thunderheads on pigs and Rage SC on deer. Four deer shot and recovered with profuse blood trails this season.

Comment

I was shooting 60# up until a couple weeks ago and I had great success with rage and grim reapers

Comment

In!!!! [emoji1][emoji12]

Comment

Ok ok.

ACME 4-1/2" Whitetail Widow Maker.

Comment

Working...
                                X