No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this is the granger forum but I figured at least some of yall may have knowledge about sam Houston as well. I'm throwing some buckshot into the old boomstick and going to spend the weekend out there. Any recommendations?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ive done well every year at Crockett piney creek horse camp for deer and hogs. For hogs just walk the main trail untill you hear them it forks down some ways go to the left have alway had luck on that side but thats the most of my knowledge of that area

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
        I know this is the granger forum but I figured at least some of yall may have knowledge about sam Houston as well. I'm throwing some buckshot into the old boomstick and going to spend the weekend out there. Any recommendations?

Well dang, I guess buckshot is not a legal means of take? Looks like slugs are ok though... anybody got any idea why that is? I'm thinking I may call a game warden to verify.

Comment

and if you do not have any slugs, good luck finding any.

Comment

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
            and if you do not have any slugs, good luck finding any.
            No joke man. People are buying ammo like crazy. Fortunately I'm already set.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
              Wear comfortable walking shoes.
              Always have an arrow nocked and release on the string.
              If they are running shoot them in the lips.
              Take water (or a filter), it's getting hot.
              You cannot outrun a pig.
              This and don't forget your orange and several arrows.
              Leading hog on shot is especially important, they can be moving pretty lickey-split. Don't forget follow through, either.
              Last edited by Wudstix; 03-26-2020, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Are we still good to hunt Granger with COE shutting down boat ramps?

Comment

Bunch of places on Lock Down with essential movement only; work, food, medical, etc... I here the fee is pretty stiff, at least in San Antonio.

Comment

Seems as if landscape crews can be out and dry cleaners are still operating, my solitary activity to provide food and escape constipated grocery stores will be minuscule on the scale of problems.

Comment

Copied and pasted from Williamson County Face Book Page. I deleted my last name butr otherwise it is the Counties answer to my question:

Randall (Deleted) Can I drive to a local park (alone) keep space between others if any are present and go fishing. Might even go to the trails at Lake Granger to do the same but unsure how this is looked upon by enforcement considerations. I understand it is not staying at home so assume it is a no but there are encouragement comments to go outside and get some exercise and sun so unsure.

· Reply · 10h · Edited

Williamson County
                      Author
                      Williamson County Hi Randall, that is a great question! You are able to go out and enjoy parks within Williamson County Parks Department. Check before heading to a specific park to make sure they are open.

· Reply · 8h

Comment

Is anyone planning on going either tomorrow or Sunday morning. I am thinking of going out by primitive boat launch and walking some miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wish I lived closer. 2 1/2 Hour drive just to get to Number 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Fthoodtanker View Post
                            Is anyone planning on going either tomorrow or Sunday morning. I am thinking of going out by primitive boat launch and walking some miles.

Probably going to launch and fish from the canoe launch tomorrow. That’s still up in the air. Plan to be there Sunday morning 30 minutes before sunrise to put some walking and stalking time in.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar69 View Post
                              Probably going to launch and fish from the canoe launch tomorrow. That’s still up in the air. Plan to be there Sunday morning 30 minutes before sunrise to put some walking and stalking time in.

How did u do fishing??

Comment

Well it’s official. I suck at finding pigs at granger. Multiple trips now and not even a sighting. And since when can you just pitch a tent wherever you want in the woods? I thought it was designated camping areas only. Camp set up where I usually get on them. Across the river from the primitive camp ground and towards the lake a couple hundred yds. Guess I’ll try again next weekend tho. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X