Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I refuse to eat feral hog...change my mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever see a hog farmin' outfit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jsctx84 View Post
      Do you eat store bought chicken? Do you know what a free range chicken will eat? Do you know how nasty cage raised chickens are compared to free range? Do you eat store bought pork? Do you eat fast food? Do you eat in restaurants? Fast food usually has troglodyte turds working in it that may very well be taking dumps in your food, or spitting, not washing hands after bathroom breaks or cleaning, etc. You completely leave it to chance on your own accord. The same scenario applies for “fancy” restaurants. Modern beef processing is disgusting, but the vast majority of the population has no choice but to consume it. Unless you only eat what you harvest wild, and/or eat what you raise on your own, your eating something nasty at a minimum regular basis, for sure. Not eating wild pigs won’t save you from eating nasty. If you think that it will, you may have not looked into where your food comes from very closely. Enjoy what a burger? But hey, keep that frame of mind if it makes you feel better. If not... take the back straps and fry up some schnitzels!
      Thanks for typing that, I couldn't have said it any better. And very true. And I find the wild ones are great to eat.

Comment

I don’t mind it, if smoked correctly. But most of the time i just leave them laying!

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
          I don’t mind it, if smoked correctly. But most of the time i just leave them laying!
          Not bad eating the little ones.....but spraying a group with a fully semi-automatic Automatic Rifle 15 assault weapon with a 100 round clip of powerful man killing bullets is pure heaven!

Comment

I love wild hog. In fact my wife will eat wild hog just fine but won’t eat white tail. She says it’s too gamey. Hog is pretty much the only wild game she will eat.

Comment

If you get over your health concerns and decide to try one, take one of the rear quarters and try the below recipe. If you like ham I promise you it will taste just as good or better than any store bought ham you have ever had, rosy pink deliciousness lol

Comment

I am embarrassed to admit this, but I have never had wild hog. No wild hogs in PA and shortly after moving here in 2017 I got hurt and had back surgery #3 and this year diagnosed with cancer. I have not been able to hunt since my last season in PA and Ohio in 2016. I really want to shoot a hog with my bow or my AR. I hope to be healthy enough to give it a try early next year somewhere.

Comment

I had sausage this morning from a 30 lb’er I I recently shot. Excellent to say the least. You should give it a shot. I don’t eat a ton of it bc I don’t like cleaning them, but they are great table fare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love it, especially fresh. When I hunted in Uvalde, every time we killed one in the morning, we’d chicken fry back straps with eggs & gravy. I won’t mess with them if they’re covered in fleas & ticks, though.

Comment

Do you eat catfish?

Comment

Just you brother. I’ll eat em from 3# to 300#. Bores or sows. Makes dang good sausage, ground meat ham steaks pork chops ribs. I mix with my deer. They aren’t any different then pork you buy from the store. Just wild and they eat what they want.

Dang now I’m hungry.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                          Feral hogs are quite possibly the nastiest animal I have ever come in contact with. Granted, pets will eat their own feces...but I ain’t eating a pet or a hog. Cows are nasty, but they don’t eat other dead animals, they eat grass. Maybe i hate hog because of their diets. Can someone convince me to eat a hog? I kill them all the time, but I leave em for the yotes and other hogs. When I leave one, seems the vultures eat the entire hog in a couple of days.

Is wild hog as disgusting as I think it is? Is it just me?
                          Table fair is good to excellent but ever since those boys from Killeen got rabbit fever from cleaning one it's shoot and let lay for me. Talk to any Doc well versed in animal to human transmissible diseases and you would not believe the amount of bad stuff feral swine can carry, they are like the perfect incubator.

If you field dress one you had d@mn we'll be wearing gloves.
                          Last edited by bossbowman; 11-03-2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

If you wanna give up an animal for it’s hygiene habits I would suggest chicken.

Comment

I refuse to eat Brussel sprouts. Nobody seems to care.

Comment

In 86 did a body recovery from the San Antonio river. A doper was hit by a plane guiding it in.
                                As they pulled the body under the bridge I could see 3 catfish attached to the guts, looked like they were eating spagette.
                                We raised chickens when I was growing up. Let a drop of blood get on one.
                                I like wild hog, catfish, chicken, sushi and brussel sprouts. Dog aint bad if cooked right.

Comment

Working...
                                X